09 | into hell

THE FIRST TIME Lottie had witnessed an angel walk upon the Earth, he'd appeared as a man, dressed in a beige trench coat and a blue tie. She wasn't even supposed to be there to witness it. She'd been given strict orders from both Dean and Bobby to stay put, but she'd followed them anyway. She always did. She always would. Because they were family, and she would follow them straight into Hell if it came to it.

And maybe she had, because she was now standing in a foreign world, overtaken by the dead, imprisoned by a man with a stolen face.

Negan was sitting at the head of a desk, feet up on the metal surface, running his fingers up and down the handle of his bat.

"So...angels and demons, huh?" He chuckled, looking up to where Lottie stood beside him. "What other supernatural beings do you guys deal with?"

Lottie sighed. "Just about anything you can think of, but I won't go into detail because we'd be here all day."

"I see you've still got that stick up your ass, then?"

"If you'd like, I could pull it out and shove it down your throat," she suggested, earning a quiet laugh from him.

Although before Negan could respond, there came a knock at the door. Lottie stood there in silence as the man she had come to know as Simon entered the room, her brothers trailing in after him. The sight of Sam and Dean made her heart lurch in her chest. This was the first time she'd seen them since they were separated, and it truly pained her to know that she couldn't so much as take a step towards them.

"Sam, Dean," Negan greeted them with a nod of his head. "You two settling in okay?"

They both stood there, silent, hatred searing in their eyes. But in response to their silence, Negan lifted his bat, bringing the end of it to rest near the underside of Lottie's chin.

"I'll ask you again," Negan spoke, his voice dripping with amusement. "Are you two settling in okay?"

Dean straightened, his fists clenching at his sides, and she didn't fail to notice the way Sam now looked at her with fear in his eyes. She wanted to tell them that she would figure something out, that they would soon be leaving here, all of them together again, a family. But she knew that if she stepped so much as a foot out of line that she would be endangering them all.

"We're settling in fine," Dean finally said, only for Negan to sit there watching him expectantly. Dean sighed, his shoulders sagging, before gritting out: "Sir."

The familiarity of the scene playing out in front of her made Lottie shudder. John had always made them call him 'sir', as though he were a sergeant and they his soldiers. It was eerie how similar the two were.

Negan chuckled, leaning back in his chair as he rested the bat in his lap. "Thaaat's right."

She wanted to take that bat from him and lodge it in his skull, but all she could do was stand there, unmoving, watching helplessly as Negan continued to taunt her brothers.

Over the next five minutes or so, Negan proceeded to question them on a number of different things, from their new roles in the Sanctuary to their life back home. And every time they displayed even a little reluctance to engage, he waved the bat as though it were a magic wand, forcing them to converse, to indulge him.

And once he was done playing his little game and it was time for her brothers to leave, Simon had to practically force them out the door, his hands pressed firmly against their shoulders.

"So..." Negan started once they were alone again. "Why don't you give me a rundown of all the supernatural shit you guys hunt?"

───

AUTHOR'S NOTE

so this chapter was a bit of a short one, mostly because it was only filler, and i'm sorry i disappeared again i think ran into a bit of writer's block.

anyway, i hope you enjoyed this chapter and i'll try to update as soon as possible :)