Chapter 35: Wrong Direction

Julian enters Gray's room and plops himself down on Gray's head just as he closes the door and heads back to his gaming chair and faces his chair towards him.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk about?" Gray asks Julian.

Julian, albeit a little nervous at that point, decides to get straight to the point about the dilemma that he has found himself in the last two months within his nightmares and brings up Tyme's antics to foil his plans as well. By the time Julian finishes up his last sentence, Gray is left in a visible state of confusion.

"Julian? Did you hit your head?" Gray asks.

"What? What do you mean?" Julian questions back.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Gray replies.

"Yes, I am okay. This isn't a joke. This is legit the chaos that I have been dealing with the last two months. Haven't you had any sort of dreams involving stuff like this. Especially about this 'Tyme' guy?" Julian interjects.

Gray's face visibly goes from an expression of utter confusion to one of fear then anxiety.

"I think you need to leave." Gray says. "This conversation is over."

"Wait what...why? What do you mean? Did I say some-" Julian tries to utter.

"Leave my room now and never bring that up to me once again!" Gray barks to Julian.

"G-Gray? I'm not telling a lie, this is for real!" Julian responds back.

"Just leave. Again, please don't mention this 'Tyme' person or about the dreams ever again to me. Just leave my room."

Feeling defeated, Julian decides to vacate Gray's room and head back to his room. While in his room, he can't help but to feel like he has really messed up and acknowledges the fact that he may have ruined his only chance at getting Gray to help him out on his mission to stop Tyme from destroying his future along with the futures of those in his life around him.

"Has he not had the dreams yet...I could have sworn Mark mentioned that he was the one. Does Gray not want to tell me about the dreams? Does he not believe me at all? This is a legit nightmare...I can't let Freyah-" Julian ponders before he finds himself in a flood of tears.

The night closes with Julian in a state of despair before his eyes become too heavy and he finds himself being tucked back into a sea of sleep.

Wednesday, March 6th, 2024

Julian awakes the next morning to his morning alarm going off for his late morning class. Feeling groggy and not in the best of mood, he drags himself into the shower to wipe away the filth from the day before. Within forty minutes, Julian finds himself at the breakfast table eating two waffles, a pastry on the side, along with a cup of vanilla latte.

At the same time, he is scrolling through his phone and glancing at memes when a message comes in from his mom.

Mrs. Goslocki: Hey honey, I hope your night went well. I just wanted to let you know that your dad and I booked a surprise Spring Break trip to New Zealand. We got tickets for the entire family too since the offers were pretty good. We will be leaving for New Zealand later Friday! Hope you are excited for it!

The message instantly makes Julian's stomach turn with anxiety and confusion. He suddenly realizes that the plans that he had with Freyah for Spring Break were now in the garbage. "Vacation...in two days...why now?" Julian face palms with frustration. "This isn't good at all..."

After taking a few minutes to calm down, Julian responds back to his mom falsely portraying his excitement for the trip even though he isn't the least bit thrilled to be going outside of the country for the break.