Chapter 26: Worst Nightmare Come True

Tuesday, February 20th, 2024

It is another dreary morning in the city of Lexington, Kentucky. Cole, a 20-year old Marines guy is getting ready to head over to the University of Kentucky for an unexpected visit. He looks down at his phone with his background with Freyah in the back, looking seemingly displeased with him taking the picture.

"Babe...you'll see that I'm the one for you. By the end of today, you will be mine." he utters before walking out of his hotel room and latching the door behind him.

He throws on his black sweater along with dark blue jeans, a pair of shoes, and finally a black Adidas backpack.

He heads down to the front desk and out the door to catch the Uber that had been stationed out for him after calling for one earlier. After a few minutes, the car arrives at the University of Kentucky gates, then within another couple minutes, he arrives near one of the dining halls.

After vacating the Uber, he heads to the dining hall and plops himself down at a seat as he awaits for Julian. He had spent the night prior looking up Julian's whereabouts for the day of his classes and figured that he would wait for him in the dining halls.

Within a half-hour, the classes that had been in session before dismiss the college students. Soon, Julian is out and about walking with his friends through the hallways and soon reaches the dining halls within a few minutes of walking through the corridor. Cole looks up from his phone to see the four walking across the hall before finding a place to lay their things down. Once all four are out of sight, Cole goes over to Julian's belongings and slips a note onto his backpack.

The note reading: "Can we talk? Meet me back here in this dining half in a couple of hours at around three, without your friends. I'm not up to anything...trust me. I just want to admit fault for my actions, Cole."

After slipping the note onto Julian's backpack, he disappears around a corner as the entire group come back with their food and take their seats.

Right away, Julian notices the note attached to his backpack and is immediately suspicious about it. He picks up the note and observes the written words on it. After reading the note, he sighs in annoyance and places the note right in front of him.

"Something the matter, dude?" Mark asks with a concerned expression on his face."

"I got this random note from Cole to meet him here around 3pm. He wants to talk to me apparently. He seems to want to apologize for what he did to Freyah." states Julian. "I'm not too sure if I trust this though because Freyah warned me about this."

"Yeah man, I don't think you should go through with that, after all he could just be out to manipulate you like he did with Freyah." mentions Johnny.

"I agree with Johnny, better safe than sorry." states Terrence.

"Yeah, you guys are right, I definitely shouldn't go through with this. Still though, I'm actually shocked he knows where I am though,..could he be around here?" replies Julian.

"Oh crud, I hope not because if he is, we won't hesitate to give this guy his 'just desserts'" states Terrence.

"Yeah, we won't let him mess with you, Julian." says Mark.

"Thanks guys, I really appreciate it." states Terrence.

Cole, hearing all this commotion decides to book it to a nearby bathroom, just as Johnny, Terrence, and Mark go looking around for the guy.

After searching for a few minutes around the lunch room, they can't seem to locate him in the dining hall. They decide to return back to their seats seemingly defeating but still on alert in case Cole decides to pop-up again.