𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙 ˖◛⁺

⇆ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ㅤ ▷ㅤ↻
▶︎ ●──── 11:03
■■■■□ 90%

"𝑌/𝑛'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣"

I was chilling in the living room, watching my favourite series. Suddenly the phone buzzed and a notification popped up on my phone screen. The notification read...

"Chris Redfeild have sent 1 video."

I blinked twice as I stared at the notification. no text nor anything, just the video. I curiously clicked on the notification and it led me to the video Chris sent. From my view, I saw Leon and a...str##per dancer? And a man as well.

I was confused at first, I tapped the video and saw Leon shooting at the man along with mentioning the str##per dancer. She was crying and the man stood shocked as he listened to what Leon was saying.

He was talking about how the dancer can't understand and that he was married and had a wife?!
My jaw opened slightly as I listened to what Leon was saying.

No way...he's really defending our marriage!?
Nah wait hol' up, if he really cares about me and our relationship, why did he cheat in the first place?
Was it a weak moment for him or what?

I was in deep thoughts as the video replayed itself over and over. I got interrupted by my phone buzzing again and it was a message from Claire. I opened her message and started the conversation...

╔══════
    Claire: hello there, girl.

    Y/n: hiya.

    Claire: sooooo, did you see the
    video that Chris sent to you?

    Y/n: yeah...guess that you both
    were there, am I right?

    Claire: yeah, but hey. He was
    defending ya'll marriage!

    Y/n: mhm, but why did he cheat
    in the first place?

    Claire: I don't know, maybe he
    had his reasons, but trust me, he
    loves you.

    Y/n: hm...maybe.

    Claire: what do you mean by
    "maybe"? Eh?! Girl! He does!
    he loves you.

    Y/n: yeah yeah.

    Claire: I wanna hit you with a
    bus, okay bye!

                                              ══════╝

I chuckled to myself and set my phone down. I sat thinking for a while and remembering the video and what Claire just said. I took my phone again and played the video, and played it again, and again, over and over again. I couldn't help but smile a bit.

After what was like 3 hours, Chris returned home. He greeted me with a smug smile. He then sat down on a nearby armchair and remained silent for a bit. Looking at me with a smile.

"Soooo, did that video prove that Leon still loves you or nah?"

"It's not the thing that he still loves me or no. It's that if he defended our marriage. Why did he cheat in the first place, huh?"

"I don't know...maybe because you're in missions 24/7 and he didn't get the enough love and affection from you?"

My heart sank and my face saddened when he said that, but he may be right. I didn't give him the love and adoration that I suppose to give as a wife. He noticed the sadness in my face expression then sighed.

"I'm sorry I said that, but that maybe be one of the reasons."

I just nodded.

"𝐿𝑒𝑜𝑛'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣"

I laid down on my bed, remembering tonight's events in my head and overthinking of how does y/n sees me now after Chris sent her the video. I sighed loudly and took my phone and started browsing it. I opened the gallery app and started looking at pictures of me and y/n. God she's like an angel, a gift that God have sent for me, a gift that came from heaven.

Then I remembered our first date, we were dancing under the rain. What a beautiful memory that I won't forget. I smiled and continued scrolling through our pictures. Every picture had a beautiful memory than the other.

As I was scrolling through the photos, my phone rang and the number was unknown. I curiously answered and it was y/n.

"Hello there, Leon. I just wanted to check on you and if you're okay along with some questions."

"Hi doll. I'm fine and you can ask me anything in your mind."

"Okay so erm...that video that had you screaming in a str##per dancer and how you were defending our marriage, so if you really care about us, why didn't you cheat in the first place? Was my love and affection for you weren't enough? If it was, please tell me."

"Hey hey, y/n. Shhh... trust me, your love and affection was more than enough for me, but I was selfish and didn't adore that I had a wonderful woman in my life, it's even my honor to be married by an amazing lady like you. I love you with my soul and know that my love for you won't stop, no matter what."

"I'm...speechless right now. Leon...thank you, like I- I can't even describe how much those words makes me happy and it truly means alot to me. Words can't describe how much of a man you are. I'll say it and I mean every single word I say, thank you so much, I really appreciate what you're saying and defending our marriage even if we're in a 'break' or whatever you call it. I love you and I'm so sorry if I didn't give you the much attention that you deserve."

"Y/n, I told you that you were enough and more, I was just selfish and didn't care about your feelings, I'm the one who should apologise to you. And I promise you that I'll never ever cheat on you again. Please forgive me for my mistake, it's something that I'm not proud of and will never be, it didn't reflect my loyalty for you."

"I forgave you, Leon. We all humans make mistakes and we should learn from them and don't worry about the past and sh#t, focus on the future, on us."

"Okay, I'll try my best, just for you, my love."

After that we chatted for a bit. We said our goodbyes and hanged up. I placed my phone away with the widest smile that I can ever smile in my life. I felt relieved that she finally forgave me and who knows, maybe this break will end after all, this whole f#cked up story will end and we'll be together as how we were in the past. I snuggled under the blankets and slowly drifted into a deep slumber.

I wish you sweet dreams, my sweetheart.

- to be continued...-