I will not be here forever, you know? - Part 1

𝒫𝑒𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓀𝑒𝓇 • 𝒯𝑜𝓃𝓎 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓀

Your choices create you, they define and form who you are. But what happens when you can't choose? What happens when destiny gives you the worse outcome ever? An outcome that would change everything in your life and take away what you love the most.

An outcome that would change your fate.

 ➸ WHAT IF? 

I swung through the bustling streets of New York City, the view helped me keep my mind empty, but the day was too stressfull, so instead of climbing on buildings late at night like how I normally would, I decided to go home.

When I said stressfull I didn't mean it like "a hard day" or "I had some little problems during the morning". No, the percentage of stress went to a "only-the-Avengers-could-help-me" level.

As Spider-Man, I had a duty to protect this city from any threat that came its way. But lately this duty is not being an easy task at all, not with the new problem I've been dealing with; perfectly organized crime, they managed steal from weapons to rare (and extremely expensive) materials used in some of the Avengers equipments. It started a few weeks ago, but their activities were enough to get my attention.

As I finally arrived at my apartment's window, I thought about all the investigation I have been doing, and after thinking a lot I concluded that my progress was an amazing, impressive and brillant zero.

"Peter?" a familiar voice whispered. My guy in the chair.

"Open the window, fast!" I answered my friend, exposing where I live to the entire state wasn't on the top three of my list of priorities.

So he did, and I entered as fast as I could. "Did something happen? I was here waiting for you, I sent you many messages, I thought you were in trouble!" Ned asked.

"I know and I'm sorry, but it was a mess there, like.. really." I held my mask and pulled it out of my face, I was sweaty, but I didn't care so much as I cleaned my forehead with my arm and pulled my hair back.

"What happened?"

"They acted again today, those criminals I mean, and I couldn't stop them, I couldn't follow them — I couldn't do anything at all," I sighed and I went to my bed almost throwing my body there as I remembered my failed attempt of following them. I  looked at the roof and felt my body relax, I didn't know how tired I was until I realized I didn't feel like getting out of the bed.  

"I can't believe they keep managing to escape."

"Right? As much as I hate to say this... they are smart." I closed my eyes as the scene of their escape played in my head one more time. I was so close to them, they were all using black and I couldn't see their faces, if I followed them to their base I would discover everything, however... everytime I got close to them, they managed to detect me, I didn't know where I was failing, maybe I wasn't being careful enough, I had to be more quiet and move like a shadow. The only problem was: I was already doing it, but they were smarter than me.

"I think we should  contact Mr. Stark," Ned pointed.

"And be called a baby because I can't even catch some thiefs? No, thank you very much."

"Peter, I am serious."

I sat to look at him. "I am too, I know him well enough to know that he will call me a baby spider or something and will tell me I am not ready to be part of the Avengers if I can't catch some stupid criminals."