S01E04 - Never Trust a Snake

EXAM IS OVER WOOHOOO!!!

Also, my other book, "Butterfly In me", A ninjago fic, will have a connection with this fic, so tell me if that makes sense😭

--- Past ---

With a hint of frustration etched across her face, the bespectacled woman sat at a corner table in the restaurant, her gaze periodically flickering to her now lifeless smartphone. The vibrant hum of conversation and clinking of cutlery around her did little to alleviate her boredom. Her eyebrows furrowed as she checked her device once more, only to be greeted by the unchanging message: "LOST CONNECTION."

A heavy sigh escaped her lips, and she leaned back in her chair, her eyes scanning the room. Her body language screamed restlessness, her fingers tapping impatiently on the tabletop as she contemplated her next move. The seconds ticked away, and finally, she made a decision.

Pushing her chair back with a screech against the floor, she rose from her seat and, without a second glance at the menu or the patrons, headed toward the waitress station. Her body language had shifted from boredom to determination as she pulled out a wad of cash from her pocket and dropped it onto the cashier's counter, startling the waitress.

She didn't wait for change or a response, simply turned on her heel and exited the restaurant. The city streets outside beckoned her, and she wandered aimlessly, her body language now reflecting her detachment from her surroundings. She strolled without the assistance of any electronic gadgets, preferring to immerse herself in the urban landscape.

As she meandered through the bustling streets, her gaze suddenly fixated on an unexpected sight—a school that seemed to stand out from the ordinary. Her body language underwent a remarkable transformation, her lips curling into an almost mischievous grin as she read the sign: "Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys."

Excitement surged through her, and she could barely contain her enthusiasm. Her body language now exuding a sense of anticipation and eagerness. With newfound determination, she strode towards the entrance and pushed her way inside.

Upon inquiring about a teaching position, her body language projected confidence and charisma. Despite her unconventional appearance and demeanor, she was accepted without hesitation. The woman couldn't hide her satisfaction, her body language subtly revealing her triumphant demeanor as she secured her role as a teacher.

After receiving access to the school's files, she stood just outside the building, engrossed in the peculiarities of the staff members' profiles. Her body language shifted between intrigue and mild confusion as she noted that some of the teachers appeared distinctly unusual, as if they were deformed, while others appeared perfectly ordinary.

Unbeknownst to her, a group of seven students had gathered by a nearby window, their curious expressions and body language betraying their interest.

"Who is that?" inquired Lloyd, his curiosity piqued. His body language revealed genuine interest, leaning slightly closer to the window to get a better view.

Finn, a bit more brash, responded with a dismissive tone and a casual shrug of his shoulders. "Probably another teacher, bowlhead," he remarked, his body language displaying an air of nonchalance. He then proceeded to shove Lloyd away from the window, a clear gesture of not allowing him to continue watching.

"Hey, we have the same haircut-"

"Shut up ugly."

A sly grin crept across Brad's face as he interjected with a taunting comment, his body language oozing arrogance. "Heh, he will run away like last time," he sneered, punctuating his words with a hearty laugh.