Chapter 7

Yeonjun couldn't believe that he had ended up calling Beomgyu. Back before they had even started dating, Beomgyu was the one he used to call up every time he was going through a struggle. He was too used to it and he knew things changed now and that was a habit he should let go.

Now that Beomgyu was with Taehyun, what did Yeonjun even expect? They were both in different relationships now and he shouldn't have called.

Yeonjuns mind wandered back to the night at the bar when he witnessed the steamy kiss between Taehyun and Beomgyu. Heeseung had seemed concerned after Yeonjun dragged him away.

"Yeonjun?" Heeseung asked in a small voice, staring at Yeonjun who was busy running his hands under the tap, trying to cool himself down.

"Yeah?"

"Why are you...mad? Shouldn't you be happy he has someone too?" Heeseung questioned.

Heeseung was right, he shouldn't be the one who was feeling mad, but he couldn't explain just why he was feeling like this. He knew that he was in love with Heeseung, but why did his heart ache at the sight of Beomgyu with someone else.

He was being ridiculous.

"I am not mad." Yeonjun said finally turning around to face Heeseung, a smile plastered on his face. "Let's go get more drinks!"

Heeseung didn't seem satisfied with the answer but followed him out. He watched as Yeonjun's eyes fell on Beomgyu, who was leaving the bar with Taehyun. The older then, smiled at Heeseung, so gently that he felt his heart flutter.

"Do you just want to leave?" Yeonjun asked.

Heeseung nodded, feeling the night had come to an end anyways.

Yeonjun could tell that Heeseung was probably a bit confused or upset and he wished he could fix things, but he didn't know how to fix something that he was not even sure of. Yeonjun always thought of himself as someone who knew when he was certain about something, so all these conflicted emotions were new to him.

Heeseung entered the room, chuckling as he plopped down next to him on his bed. "You know, I could tell you are not really in a good mood." Heeseung stated.

Yeonjun turned to stare at him before sighing, "I honestly don't know why."

"Why do I feel like it has something to do with Beomgyu?" Heeseung asked, his tone neutral but there was a slight waver in it, and it hurt Yeonjun.

"It is just me, being ridiculous." Yeonjun said, before shooting a smile at his boyfriend, hoping that he wouldn't read too much into it.

There was silence surrounding them until Heeseung broke it.

"You know...I understand." Heeseung finally said, contemplating over his words before continuing, "It is not easy to come out of a relationship with someone, and he was also your best friend, so you really knew him for a long time. So, if you are confused or feeling some sort of way, I can understand." He sighed before running a hand through his hair, "If you need time, just let me know..."

Yeonjun's eyes widened as he stared at Heeseung, feeling his heart swell up and he pulled him into a hug, burrowing his face into the man's neck as he felt overwhelmed with emotions.

"I don't know if this could help, but we could have lunch with them two together." Heeseung suggested and Yeonjun wondered if that would be a good idea. Maybe it would do all of them some good if they had a casual outing where they could bond with each other. Maybe Yeonjun just missed Beomgyu in general. So, if they hanged out more as friends, then maybe he might stop feeling whatever he was feeling now.