Chapter 3: What a Steal

You and Emerald are in an abandoned building. Ever since you crossed paths again, you decided to form a partnership in order to go after more difficult valuables.

Emerald: "This is surprisingly cozy. I guess it would be nice to stay in one place for a while."

"I just found this yesterday. The only things I might add are a few hidden cameras to keep an eye on what's outside."

Emerald: "Keep a hideout protected, I agree with ya."

"And I got some interesting news. Apparently Roman and his gang are going to hijack a dust shipment. I'm sure they won't mind if we take a case or two."

Emerald: "I think we need money more than dust, but if we get caught and have to fight our way out, then Dust would be just as important. So when are they starting?"

"In two hours, and they said it will be at the docks."

Emerald: "Hopefully they'll be more worried about the guards and fish smell instead of others trying to get in on it."

"It'll be in and out. If we work fast and with caution, they won't suspect a thing."

Emerald: "Great. Let's go."

After leaving the hideout, you and Emerald arrived at the docks watching for when Roman begins stealing the dust.

Emerald: "You think a dangerous gang would be more on time for thefts."

Bullheads arrive and land on the docks, and Roman and his goons begin cracking open containers and pulling out the Dust.

"Okay, that guard over there is alone with everyone else busy opening the other cargo containers. I'll use my semblance to sneak in and get the cases we need."

Emerald: "And I'll use my semblance to make him think none of the cases are being taken. Better to do that than wait for him to turn around."

"Good idea. Let's do this."

You turned invisible and snuck past some of Roman's goons while Emerald used her semblance to make the goon guarding the Dust cases think that nothing is being taken in front of him.

You stole four Dust cases and sneaked out of the docks, just as the guard turned around to converse with another goon. Emerald saw her part was finished and headed back to the hideout.

Upon entering, you opened the cases and are pleased with the amount of Dust you took.

Emerald: "You were right. In and out."

"We got enough to start a few jobs and maybe make a lot."

Emerald: "Can't wait to begin."