Chapter 4: Good Heist

You and Emerald watch the News, reading about how a painting donated by Jacques Schnee is being kept at the Vale Art Museum.

Emerald: "That looks like it could fetch a nice price."

"Yeah. Interested in pulling a heist?"

Emerald: "I could go for something bigger than people's wallets."

"Then let's get to planning."

You and Emerald go around the city and gather information on the Art Museum and its security. You even found out about how the Schnee Dust Company donated a new security system.

"Since Jacques is head of the SDC, there's no doubt he didn't give proper security system for the museum."

Emerald: "You know anyone that can hack a crappy security system?"

"I think I know where we can get a program to scramble it."

Emerald: "Huh. When we were over there, it wasn't even in a display case. It's like they're begging us to take it. And do we have a buyer for it?"

"I know a guy that'll buy it for a few hundred K."

Emerald: "We better not get comfortable with the money. All we'll ever be are thieves."

"That's all I've ever known. Let's get what we need."

You and Emerald go to a tech dealer who gave you a program that would scramble the security system. At night, you and Emerald are on a building overlooking the Art Museum.

You use your bird to scout out the place and saw that there are no human guards.

"Jacques replaced that guards with his useless crap. Cheapskate bastard."

Emerald: "This is Atlas. Everyone is a bastard in a different category."

"Yeah. A heist in Atlas was actually something on my bucket list."

Emerald: "Interesting, but right now, I'm focused on the painting that'll help us not worry about food for a while."

"Good point. Let's do this."

You grabbed Emerald's hand and teleported to the roof of the Museum, and she was a little disoriented after teleporting.

Emerald: "Next time warn me when you're going to do that."

"I will. Sorry, it always works, I just mainly use it on me and whatever I steal."

Emerald: "Okay, my focus is back. Let's get that painting."

You and Emerald went through the vents, and you reached the security room whereas Emerald reached where the painting is being kept.

You used your semblance to turn invisible and inserted the program into the console. The system got scrambled and Emerald took the painting, and you left as the system resets. Afterwards, you and Emerald sold it and earned a lot of money.

To celebrate, you and Emerald went to a bar.

"If we do things right, we might be able to have a break after all of this."

Emerald: "Sounds fun. So, what's next?"

You smiled at Emerald as you held up your glass and Emerald did the same.

"To our partnership."

Emerald: "Cheers."

You and Emerald bumped your glasses together and continued drinking.