Chapter 39: It's Cold

(About two weeks later)

"It's kind of cold today." I sigh as I rub my arms.

"Feels the same way it always does, the perfect temperature for most plants." Helbram crosses his arms as he stares at me with a very 'are you stupid' expression.

"Are you sure?"

"Uh...huh..."

"..." I look away from him, I feel really cold, maybe he feels it too and he's just messing with me, it is Helbram I'm talking to after all. "Now that I think about it, do you know where Helquin is?"

"Your dragon with a weird name?" Helbram asks.

"What's weird about his name?" I ask but Helbram just looks away from me.

"I believe he decided to stay with that boy king."

"Arthur?"

"Yeah, that human." Helbram sighs. "He's been with Arthur since you left. We could always ask Oslo to go grab him if you want."

"I'd like to see how Arthur's doing." I smile softly.

"Mhm... Remember your problem with Ende?"

"Arthur's pretty much my brother."

"Ende is pretty much my sister."

"..." I sigh. "He's still a kid, but you win, let's just get Oslo to go get Helquin."

"Alright let's go find Harlequin, Oslo would be with him."

"Okay."

...

"Huh? Hey Helbram, hey Y/n, how are you two today?" King asks as he floats up to us.

"Slightly annoyed." Helbram answers.

"Cold." I answer.

"Cold? Like it feels cold outside?"

"Yeah."

"That's strange, I don't notice anything." King looks around slightly.

"Yeah, she's being weird today, anyways, where's Oslo?" Helbram says.

"Hmph." I cross my arms. King whistles.

"Oslo!" King shouts and a second later Oslo pops out from a tree with a familiar green leopard patterned pillow in his mouth. "Hey boy." King smiles before Oslo hits him with it. "Ow!"

"Pfft." Helbram laughs. "Hey Oslo, could you do me a favor?"

"Raugh?"

"Could you get Helquin, the baby dragon that's been stuck to that boy king?"

"Raugh!" Oslo wags his tail before teleporting.

"That fixes that." Helbram dusts his hands off.

"Y/n, you don't want to go see Sir Arthur? I thought you two were pretty close." King asks.

"Helbram's proving a point." I cross my arms. "...About something that happened weeks ago..." I mumble.

"You started it." Helbram rolls his eyes before smiling playfully.

"Helbram, don't be a jerk." King sighs before something jumps on my back making me squeak.

"Eep!" I turn around. "Helquin!" I smile brightly as I hug my little dragon friend.

"That was fast." Helbram turns towards Oslo. "Thanks." He pets him.

"How was Arthur doing?" I ask Helquin. He wags his tail and flaps his wings saying that Arthurs doing just fine, I smile and sigh. "I'm glad to hear."