Chapter 1

The cold wind blew through my long brown hair. Darkness surrounding me. Only a single streetlight was seen. The trees above moved and swayed in the wind. The cold of the brick wall behind me sent chills down my small body.
I always came to the same spot, same time, everyday. This place let me feel free and peaceful. It felt as if this place gave me answers I couldn't solve. Like the wind was a voice.
It was my 17th birthday and I sat there silently. I grabbed a stick and scrapped the ground. My mind became silent and my eyes closed. My phone lit up beside me and I reluctantly looked down at it.
Emily: Avery?? Where are you??
Me: away.
Emily: I'm at your house!
Me: I'm coming home now.
Emily: k.
I turned off my phone and let out a sigh. My legs went to my chest as I got up. I said goodbye to my peace.
I soon arrived at my house. Emily was sitting on my doorsteps.
"There you are." She smiled getting up.
"Yes. I am here." I faked a smile.
"Happy birthday!" She took something out from behind her back.
It was a ukulele. It was so beautiful.
"Oh my! You didn't have to Emily!" I grab it from her hands.
"I know how much you wanted this. I wanted to make you happy." She smiled.
"Thank you." I hugged her.
"I have to get home now. I told my mom id be home soon." She then left into the dark of the night.
I look down at the beautiful thing in my hand. The wood shining and the strings calling me to play them.
I learned ukulele when I was 11 years old but it got taken away by my father because it was too annoying. I started strumming the four strings and created a beautiful sound.
I smiled to myself and went inside my house quietly.
My parents were gone again like they normally were. They worked almost 24/7. I was always alone. Emily always tries to come by. But I still feel so lonely.
I got into bed and waited until sleep took over me.
I began to dream of a boy.

//
I hope you liked it!! :-) Vernon will be in it soon. I want this story to be good! Ok bye bye! Xxx. ~aly