Chapter 5

*vernons POV*
I slept that night and dreamt of the girl with blue eyes. I wish I knew her name. I should've stayed longer but I was probably bothering her.
I woke in the morning groaning feeling my bed move.
"GET UP!!" Tanyeol jumped beside me.
"It's...," i looked at my phone,"12pm?!!"
I quickly got up and put on some clothes.
"foods downstairs."
I put on some grey sweats with a Portland jersey on my body. I grabbed a jacket as well.
I went downstairs and found no food.
"What? Where's the glorious food?" I pouted.
"Go get yourself something at the store down the street, Vernon." My mom handed me 20,000언 (wong).
I sighed and left to walk down the street.
Clouds were above. Dark and grey.
I sighed making my mood even worse. I soon found the grocery store and entered. A bell dinged.
Food, food, food!!!
I went to the snack aisle. Once I turned the corner I ran into someone.
"Ah..sorry." I bowed.
I looked up to meet with the wide blue eyes.
She just looked at me. She looked confused.
"Get lost, fuck boy." She pushed past me.
"Fuck boy?" I follow her feeling insulted.
She kept walking.
"Listen to me!" I say.
She continued and I grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards me.
"Who the hell are you?" I ask angrily.
"Does it matter?" She chuckled.
I looked down confused. Then brought back my confidence, "well I'm not what you called me."
She just laughed and took her wrist away from my hand.
"You are so angry."
I straightened myself up and glared at her.
"I'm not a fuck boy."
"Whatever." She started to walk away but I grabbed her again.
"I'm Vernon. A proper boy who doesn't go off judging people for what they look like."
Her eyes widened and her lips parted a little then changed to a smile.
"Does it look like a care..." She said.
I groaned and let go of her.
"See you around fuck boy."
I felt like steam was flowing out of my ears.
I went back to the aisle and angrily bought food.
I went outside and met with falling rain. IT WAS POURING!
I put my hoodie over my head and walked out and looked back.
I met eyes with the blue eyed girl. She wore just a tanktop and shorts. I felt bad.
I walked up to her. She quickly acted as if I wasn't walking towards her and crossed her arms.
"Here." I say taking of my jacket and holding it out to her.
She looked at it with wide eyes and rolled her eyes.
"My house is just down the street. Take it." I say.
She ignored me so I walked closer to her and wrapped it around her shoulders.
"Goodbye, miss."
I ran away trying to avoid the rain. I looked back to see her putting it on. I swear I saw a pink shade on her cheeks.
*averys POV*
I couldn't believe it. My breath became uneven as I felt the soft cloth against my skin. His hand brushed again my shoulder and I shivered.
"Goodbye, miss." He ran quickly away.
I put his jacket over my small body. I felt my cheeks heat up as I smelled his cologne. Such a good smell. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe he's actually a good guy...I said such mean words to him too! And his name is Vernon. I like saying it in my head. I get a good feeling in my stomach.
I pulled the hoodie over my head and walked through the streets. My arms were warm but my legs weren't. My hair wasn't wet so that was good. I licked the mist off my lips and looked up carefully. Blue skies were a little bit away. My nose scrunched up my nose feeling the cold liquid hit my skin.
I finally reached my home and walked in.
"Avery!!" I heard my mother.
"M-mom?" I asked surprised.
It had been about two weeks since they have been gone. Finally, they were home.
I felt my moms arms wrap around me.
"I missed you so much darling." She said smiling.
I smiled," I missed you too omma."
I felt another pair of arms around me.
"Hello Avery." My fathers voice rang out.
"Appa!" I turned to hug him.
"Where did you guys go? You didn't leave a note." I ask.
"We went to Tokyo for a work thing." She sighed.
"We were supposed to be back last week but the flight got canceled."
I nodded and smiled to myself.
"Is that cologne I smell?" My mom asked.
My eyes widen as I look down at my jacket.
"M-my friend borrowed this jacket. He sprayed cologne all over it to piss me off. He's s-stupid." I pretend to laugh.
"Ah. Weird friend. Perhaps we should meet him sometime. Yeah?" My father asked.
Vernon? Over here? No way. My parents would think I like him and tease me. He is handsome! My eyes widen and my lips went down.
"N-no. He doesn't really like people." I chuckle.
"How? He knows you quite well it seems. Invite him over or you're in trouble." My mom said.
"B-but..."
"No. Invite him."
My parents left the room angry at me. I sighed and looked down at my feet.
Vernon is going to have to come to my house. Dear god help me.
//
Sorry I haven't updated in a while haha. You should follow me on vine. My username is hansolie bby♡⑰
Love you all!!!