Chapter 7

*averys POV*
That night I slept with vernons jacket on. It made me feel so safe. And protected and warm. I couldn't stop smiling. The sad thing is I'd have to give it back.
It feels better now that my parents are here. It's sometimes nice to have company. I like to be alone. I mean, I've learned to live with it and it's grown on me. I love the silence of the earth. But I sometimes felt something was missing.
"Avery, could you pass the salt?" My father asked.
We were having breakfast. My omma made her famous sushi with eggs.
I was so happy to finally eat a good meal again. I ate happily as my parents told me about their trip and how they explored a little.
"And uh-Avery..," my mom spoke,"we got you something.."
My father smiled at me and lifted up a box. An okay size box.
"We know how much you love those kind of stuff so..."
I opened the box to find a SnapBack and a sweatshirt. The SnapBack had flowers on it. And my sweatshirt was a Nike one in black. It was really nice. Under Nike it had Japanese words that I couldn't understand.
"It means just do it." My father said.
I nodded realizing it was nikes Moto,
"Thank you guys. I really like it." I smile widely.
I haven't smiled this much in a while.
I finished my delicious meal and went back upstairs to change. My parents wanted to go to the pool and swim for a little bit.
I put on my swimsuit. It was a neon pink bikini that made me look quite hot tbh. Oops.
We walked down the street to meet the local pool. It wasn't a big pool but big enough for about 100 people.
I hopped in and me and my omma played games like we normally do. I heard the gate close while I was playing Marco Polo. I opened my eyes when I wasn't suppose to.
I found Vernon walking in with a little girl and I looked away quickly feeling my cheeks get warm.
"why is your eyes open? I told you about this. Cheater!" My mom splashed me.
"Omma!" I laugh.
I look back towards Vernon and saw his eyes on me. I quickly felt self conscious. I'm wearing a bikini. He's gonna be a fuck boy and look at me. what if he tries to get in my bikini bottoms!
WAIT!
He isn't like that. Or so I think!
"Hansolie!! I don't want to swim in the deep end!" The little girl wined.
Hansol?
"Tanyeol. How are you gonna learn to swim if you don't try?" I heard Vernon.
"As long as you hold me! PINKY PROMISE MISTER!" She held out her pinky.
"I promise." He smiled.
I looked away and kept swimming.
I heard a splash.
"Vernon. I CANT JUMP!" The little girl was on the edge of the deep side.
I was close to the deep but more in the middle.
"Cmon. Tanyeol. Please. For me." Vernons bottom lip stuck out. My stomach twisted and a smile plastered on my face.
"If I die, I'm gonna come back and haunt you!" She jumped in and Vernon quickly caught her.
"yay!"
"I DID IT OPPA! I DID IT!"
The little girl must be his sister.
"Yes you did. You get icecream when we get home!" Vernon poked her nose.
"You seem to like that boy. Is that your friend?" My mom asked beside me.
"WhAt? No! He isn't my- yeah he is." I correct myself.
"Let me meet him." She started to swim towards him.
"Omma. No. Just wait a second." I grab her.
I took a deep breathe and swam towards Vernon and his sister.
"Hey." I say.
"Oh..hey." He said.
"IS THIS YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!" The little girl screamed.
"No! She's just a girl!" Vernon said.
I looked down.
"But- the drawings-"
"Tanyeol. No."
Drawings? What drawings?
"What do you want?" Vernon asked rudely.
"Hansolie. That was mean!" The little girl punched Vernon in the stomach lightly.
"It's okay. Can you do me a favor?" I ask laughing.
"Um I guess?"
"Well I was wearing your jacket and-"
"YOU WERE WEARING HIS JACKET?! YOU GUYS ARE SO TOGETHER!" The girl yelled.
"Tanyeol! I will drop you if you keep saying that!" Vernon laughed.
"Anyway...my parents came home and smelled cologne so I said you took my jacket and sprayed your cologne on it to piss me off...can you act like that happened?" I asked shyly.
"Yeah, sure." He shrugged.
"Anddddd,"
"There's more?" He lifted one eyebrow.
"They want to meet you for some odd reason?" I laugh.
"Ah okay. Tanyeol can you come over here with me? But you can't talk, or no icecream!" Vernon looked right into her eyes.
The small girl acted like she zipped up her mouth and Vernon laughed.
*vernons POV*
"OPPA?! OPPA?!" I heard tanyeol yell for me.
"In the living room!" I yell back.
Tanyeol came running into the room in her swimsuit and little floaties on her arms. She ran onto my lap.
"CAN WE GO SWIMMING. PWEASEEEEEEE!!!" She put her small hands on my cheek and moved my head side to side.
"What? No."
"What was that Vernon? I heard a yes!" Tanyeol said.
"tany-"
"Get your swimsuit on you lazy butt! We are going!" She left me there.
I sighed and went to put on my swim trunks. I looked into the mirror. I flexed. I didn't have much muscle only a small 6 pack. But I looked fine.
"OPPA COME ON!!!" I heard tanyeol yell.
I ran downstairs with two towels and started walking.
"You know where it is?" I ask her.
"Yes. it's just down the street." she kept walking.
Soon we arrived and I opened the gate for her.
I look down at tanyeol. her eyes widened.
"Hansolie, I don't want to swim in the deep end!" She shivered.
"Tanyeol. How are you gonna learn to swim if you don't try?" I laugh.
"As long as you hold me. PROMISE MISTER?!" She held out her pinky.
I took it and I walked to the chairs and put our towels down. I looked at the pool and found the girl with blue eyes. My heart began to beat fast. What the hell. I jumped into the water. I quickly fixed my hair when I got up. I quickly took a glance to the girl.
"Vernon! I can't jump!" My sister walked up to the edge looking down.
"Cmon. Please. For me?" I ask.
"If I die, I'm gonna come back and haunt you!" She quickly jumped holding her nose.
I caught her and said "yay!"
"OPPA I DID IT! I DID IT!" She smiled widely. She was so adorable.
"Now when we get home, you get icecream!" I smile.
"Yay!" She smiled.
I looked over at the girl and she was talking to her mom.
I looked at tanyeol and let her play.
"Hey." I heard a voice and I turned around to meet with those blue eyes.
"Oh...hey." I say.
"IS THIS YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!" Tanyeol screamed.
"No no! She's just a girl."
"But- the drawings th-"
"No. She's just a girl."
My cheeks felt warm. That was a close one.
"What do you want?" I ask.
"Hey! That's mean!" Tanyeol punched me lightly in the stomach.
"It's okay. Can you do me a favor?" She asked.
She told me her parents saw my jacket and how it smelled like cologne. And she had to lie and say I sprayed cologne all over it to piss her off. And I have to act like that happen. But there's more...if I can talk to her mom and meet her?! Ugh. My day is just terrible. I agree and swam over to her mom.
"Oh hello." The older lady said to me and tanyeol.
"Hiii!" Tanyeol smiled. And I shot a glare at her.
"Hello. I'm Vernon hansol. But you can call me Vernon." I tried to look nice.
"Nice to meet you Vernon. And who might this be?" She poked my sisters cheek.
Tanyeol giggled," I'm tanyeol. This is my brother." She poked my cheek then.
"Aw so how long have you and Avery known each other."
"Uh wh-"
"We've known eachother for about a month. We are pretty good friends." The girl smiled.
"Avery. I asked him." Her omma looked at her.
Avery. That's her name. It felt so right to say it in my head.
"So you and Avery are close or?"
"Yeah. We are pretty close friends. She always treats me with food." I nod.
"Ah. My little Avery making food for you?"
"Yes omma. I've only done it like once though. Right Vernon?" She glared at me.
"Yeah. I forgot. The meal was pretty big so it feels like she does it a lot." I chuckle.
"Okay well, we are gonna go." Avery said.
"But we just-"
"We are going to leave. Appa probably wants us back." Avery said.
"Oh yes. Of course. Appa was mad we left." She laughed and started to swim out of the pool.
"Thank you." Avery smiled.
"No problem, Avery." I say 'Avery' louder.
"Okay bye." She pursed her lips together.
"Hey. When will I be getting my jacket back?" I ask.
"The brick wall." She said biting her lip a little.
"12:00am?"
"12:00am." She left.
My heart began to beat fast.
"You like her don't you?" Tanyeol said.
"No! She's just a girl." I repeated.
"Sure doesn't seem like just a girl. I mean, you look at her like you're about to drool. And you have those drawings of her."
"That doesn't mean I like her." I tell her.
"Well....I think you do." She smiled and swam away from me.
"Get back here missy!"
//
Hope you all enjoyed. Sorry I haven't been updated as much I liked to. Busy busy busy