A Visit

after getting what they wanted, paimon and aether then went to the yujing terrace, where the ceremony took place.

Paimon: paimon heard that the best time to make a wish is today, during the rite of descension. want to try it?

Aether: we do it together, paimon. me and you *smiles*

as they approach the altar...

Millelith guards: halt! those not involved in this process are not allowed to go any further! *stern*

Paimon: hmph, what a killjoy... *mumble*

the two of them decided to make a wish in the southwest censer.

as they were about to make a wish, a man approached them.

???: your first time in liyue? actually, it's my first time seeing the descent ritual too

Aether: yes? *slightly confused*

Ivanovich: ah, sorry. my name is ivanovich, a merchant.

Aether: i see...

Ivanovich: ah, look!

a group of people enter the altar. there's nothing special among them except the white-haired woman.

Paimon: she seems to come from a wealthy family...

Ivanovich: that's Ms. Ningguang of the liyue qixing

Paimon: ...and paimon was right

Aether: so she is the one who "control" liyue, huh?

Ivanovich: correct. only those who have control in liyue can preside over the rite of descension. oh by the way... not sure if you knew, but most of the adepti appear in the form of various beasts

Aether: beasts?

Ivanovich: yes. i heard that when attending these kinds of formal occasions, rex lapis himself appears as a celestial cross between two of liyue's ancient mythical creatu-sorry, shouldn't have interrupt your wish..

the man then step back and let aether make his wish.

Paimon: paimon wish to-

Aether:  i wish i could get some leads from the geo archon...

after they both finished making a wish, they proceed to go to the next place. at the east censer.

Aether: i wish to i could find my sister...

Paimon: paimon wish to... %@($₩$;× *grin*

after a while, the altar began to fill up with people. it seemed like the rite was finally about to begin.

Paimon: whoa! look at all the people...

Aether: crowds... i hate crowds... Paimon, we need to get to the front!

aether then pulled paimon and went to the front row. the closest place to watch the ceremony.

under ningguang's direction, the ceremony started on time. she used geo to summon the archon.

Ningguang: the hour is upon us!

the sky slowly turned golden as they heard a rumbling sound from the sky.

but then...

*BOOM!*

as the clouds disperse, the crowds watch in horror as the lifeless body of their lord drops onto the offering table. after inspecting the scene for a brief moment, ningguang utters the unfathomable words.