21. PUPPY LOVE

In reality, Seungmin didn't mind Estrella. She made his hyung happy, and that was most important to him. However, he couldn't help but remember the conversation they'd had 3 weeks prior.

"Hyung, do you have a moment? I need to talk to you."

"Of course, Minnie. I always have time for you! My sweet puppy, look at you, so keewt!!"

Chan was squeezing his cheeks.

"Ya haji ma! I'm serious. I need to tell you something important. Can I lock the door?"

"Oh, mianhada, I didn't realize. Go ahead. What is it? Are you sick?"

"Well..." he paused, and Chan noticed he was visibly nervous and shaking, so he went to him and held both his hands steady.

"Ya, you know you can tell me anything. I won't get mad or judge you. I'm here for you, always."

Seungmin got lost in Chan's eyes for a moment. "It's just... I just... I don't know how to begin. How... after all these years... oh, fuck it."

He threw caution to the wind and kissed Chan, who was too stunned to move.

"I think I like you, hyung. Can I like you? May I take you out out on a date?"

Chan sighed, realizing the seriousness of this situation.

"Oh, Minnie... I'm so flattered. You don't want me. I'm not the person for you. I'm so sorry. Wow. This is... I didn't see this coming."

"Yeah, you and me both. It's okay. I had to get it out to get over it. You never gave me any indication of romance, so this was just me by myself. I hope you'll forget this ever happened. Don't worry about me. I'll be okay."

"Are you sure, Minnie?"

"Ya! What else can I do? Make you like me back? No. I'll have to get over it. I just started having feelings for you, so I didn't let it get any deeper. I'll be okay."

That was a lie. Seungmin had fallen in love with Bang Chan the moment he met him. This is why no one ever saw him dating anyone. He couldn't get over him. He consoled him through hard relationships and breakups, but Bang Chan never once looked in his direction.

3 weeks after his confession, Chan was in love with someone who seemed like a great person, and he had to come to grips with a new feeling of jealousy. The other situationships Chan had been in, he knew those wouldn't last, but Estrella? She was wife material, and Seungmin knew it right away.

He tried being kind to her, but it would often come across as disingenuous and sarcastic. He couldn't help it. Thankfully, this was the persona he'd built up in front of Stay, so it wasn't too bad.

Chan was well aware of Seungmin struggling to accept Estrella, but he knew he loved Stray Kids too much to let a crush get in the way of the group's success, and he would be okay.

Even so, when Changbin, Lee Know and Hyunjin talked to him that second night after meeting her, Chan let the hyung line know about Seungmin's feelings and to please keep an eye on him.

Hyunjin perked up upon hearing this and took a special interest in Seungmin from that moment on.

He'd definitely help him get rid of his feelings for Bang Chan. Hyunjin rarely left his side now, and was extra kind and sweet to MinMin, like he called him.

One night, though, after drinking a bit too much, Hyunjin and Seungmin kissed and made out, which confused the heck out of Seungmin, and made Hyunjin's heart race. Seungmin was still a little jealous of Estrella, but not as bad as before, and he kept stealing glances at the older. Could he be falling for Hyunjin? Was he finally over Chan?

"Ugh, why is love so contradicting?" He thought.