08

"$2795, 2796, 2797

"$2795, 2796, 2797. Y/n you have 2797 dollars..."
Miles groaned in exhaustion as he flopped down onto his bed, Y/n painting her surfboard with some paints she found in miles's room.

"Cool! I'm rich!" Y/n laughed as she painted a sea shell on her surfboard using different shades of pink paint.
"Not quite.." miles rolled over to make eye contact with the female who looked quite confused.

"So I'm not rich?.. how do i get more money then?" Y/n asked placing the paint down and trying to get her hair out of her face with the back of her hand (which was also sort of covered with paint).

Miles looked up to the ceiling.
'She can't afford an apartment and i doubt she'll get a job without education..' he thought before turning to his last solution, his parents...
'Convincing them may be hard but I'm sure ill be able to manage if i keep my grades up-'

"Hey, miles!"
Miles looked down from his bed to see Y/n with a book in her hands, where she got that from he had no clue.
Miles sweatdropped as he read the title.
"How to society that even dummies can understand..?" He muttered unsure.

"Mhm! I think i know how i can get more money!" Y/n placed her surfboard against the wall before putting the book down and nodding to herself.
"Ill get a job! I'm good at everything" she declared confidently.
Miles blinked.

"Y/n.. you need qualifications to get a job, or at least some education" he tried to tell her.
Y/n laughed as if he was the silly one.

"Ill go right now and get a job!" She got ready to leave out the window.
"Where are you going now!" Miles grabbed her arm before she could leave and looked out the window to the moon shining outside.

"?" Y/n let out a sound of confusion.
"Everyone is at home now, all the places are closed!" Miles scolded lightly, pulling Y/n closer to him

"But wouldn't they be having the nightly parties? I can ask them there?"
Miles face palmed.

"Y/n... just wait until tomorrow"
"Oh? Ok!" She seemed unbothered and sat down on the floor again, reading the 'how to society' book again.

Suddenly a knock was heard and the lock of the apartment door twisting.
The door opened and closed along with two voices.
"Miles! We're home" a female voice called
"We brought some dinner with us" a male voice called after.

Miles tensed before looking at Y/n who looked back at him.
"Who are they? We should go say hi!" She gave him a toothy smile, showing her perfect white teeth.

'Why is she so perfect...huh!' Miles caught himself before he could think of something else as he turned away from Y/n.
"They're my parents, wait here I'll come get you soon.."

Y/n nodded.
'What are parents..?' She picked up her book again, flipping through pages to find the word family or parents.

"It's now or never" miles whispered determinedly before exiting his room awkwardly.