Chapter 1: Start of a New Beginning

FLASHBACK

It has been a few months since Shanks took Calytrix, his niece, as a daughter. When we travelled back home with, he also took Atredeis and Ethan along. Not that he complains about it though, they care for his niece-daughter like a real little sister. Even Eric is being tagged along with the other two when it comes to Calytrix. Despite Shanks knowing that Atredeis is an assassin, he understood his side of story and accepted the said boy. It took quite a bit of time to convince his crew members that Atredeis would not harm them. And he successfully did, and his crew surprisingly took a liking to the young boy along with Ethan. But their care for the two boys is nothing comparable to their Captain's niece, or should I say daughter. Shanks took her in as her uncle or a guardian at first, but he managed to put her name as his daughter. However, Calytrix has been very cautious ever since the incident. She is very careful and cannot trust other people that much. Through many tries and persuading, with much care and love, the little Calytrix they originally knew returned after a few months.

Everyone of course was happy at that.

On the other hand, a little boy, at least a year younger than Calytrix wants to get to know other children on the same ship she was on. But Luffy was too shy for his own good to interact with the other kids.

"Hello, my name is Calytrix, what's yours?" A sudden voice broke Luffy from his trance. He looked up and saw the little girl whose name was Calytrix, looking at him. "You seem to want to talk to me or the others, but you seem shy, that's why I came here to talk to you." She added.

Luffy looked down, shy and embarrassed that someone, more particularly Calytrix to notice him. He mumbled a response "My name is Luffy." Calytrix chuckled at his shy state and smiled. Lending out her hand for him grab, Luffy hesitated to make a move. She took his hand in her hold and dragged him with her as she ran to where her "brothers" were.

"Deis! Than! Ricky!" She called out to them when she saw a glimpse of them, waving her free hand as the others kept dragging Luffy along with her. Hearing the call of their "little sister", they looked over at where the voice came from and the three of them smiled slightly when they saw her smiling with happiness and excitement.

"Meet my new friend! His name is Luffy. Luffy, meet Atredeis, Ethan, and Eric. Big brothers, meet Luffy. And please be nice to one another, okay?" She stated cutely when it came to her last sentence, she knows that the boys have been very protective when she meets other people. They didn't want her to experience what she experienced at the incident ever again.

Reluctantly, they smiled at Luffy. Still having a small hint of untrust, but if seeing Calytrix happy, they will gladly do anything for her. The siblings talked about a lot of things, surprisingly, the boys took a liking to Luffy and he immediately gained their trust that he won't do anything bad to Calytrix. Keeping her tragic experience from being known to many people that much, they didn't tell him anything regarding what happened to Calytrix. They will gladly let Calytrix tell him herself if she thinks he is trustworthy to know her story. That was the very day that Luffy made friends with children like him. He kept the memory in his head so dearly. Never forgetting how amazing the experience and feeling he had when he interacted with them. Even though he still couldn't forget how shy he was when he first encountered Calytrix, he is happy that she is his first friend, and now his best friend.

PRESENT

It is still early in the morning but there are already people that are awake. One certain female, who now stays at Shells town is up every early morning to start her day. When she saw the sun rising from the horizon, she smiled and started to hum to herself. Soon enough, her humming soon became a start to singing. She loves to sing, not only to herself but to others as well. The girl has long black hair with mesmerizing lavender-colored eyes that could lure you towards her. She is not just an ordinary girl; she is loved by many. And her name is Calytrix. Already grown up and she became more beautiful over the years. Smiling to herself as she kept on singing, not once noticing that a guy came up behind her, listening to her as she sings.