Chapter 3: Everything Fine or Not?

The tension between them is interesting. Both Calytrix and Zoro feel comfortable with one another. Their personality is the exact opposite of the other, so it seems that the opposite really attracts.

"Well, Calytrix. The name is surprisingly beautiful, it matches your beauty. A perfect name for a beautiful lady like yourself." Zoro smirks when he sees her getting shy from his complement.

"Aren't you quite a flirt, mister?" Calytrix said with her cheeks slightly gaining color. She hates it when men flirt with her, but Zoro is the only exception. Though she hopes that her brothers won't kill the guy if they find out that he flirted with their little sister. Speaking of her brothers, she saw Eric walk in the bar from the door of the storage room.

Zoro laughed a little and said, "I guess, but who wouldn't flirt with such a pretty lady?"

Calytrix smiled a little and was about to reply when a voice cut her off.

"Hey, Calytrix! Can you help me here for a moment please?"

The brother of hers called out to her. She turned her gaze away from Zoro and to her brother. Seeing his state from carrying a lot a box, too many for him to handle.

"Excuse me for a moment." Excusing herself from the swordsman, she left him with his thoughts.

Zoro couldn't help but think: Who is the guy that asked her to help him? Are they close? Are they together in a relationship? Why it is my concern if she's taken or not? He shook his head to shoo the thoughts away, turning his gaze to a little girl looking at him, it was Rika. Rika giggles and then disappears from the counter. Zoro continued to drink, his gaze looking at the direction Calytrix disappeared from.

Suddenly, Calytrix emerges from the storage room along Eric. Zoro kept looking at them, many thoughts in his mind. However, he was snapped away from it when he heard a costumer yell "Calytrix! Sing!"

The lead of it went to the people chanting, requesting Calytrix to sing for all the costumers. She felt shy, one reason knowing that her childhood friend, Luffy, was in the bar. And the second, her type of guy, which is Zoro was also in the bar.

Eric felt her hesitation in singing for the first time. He gently put a hand on her shoulder, smiling when she looked at him. "You can do it." He encouraged her. His words being heard by many people as the chanting down, his words made Luffy happy, knowing that Calytrix is with Eric now. But Zoro is the opposite, he was beyond pissed.

"No, I want to. I'm just not sure on what to sing." Calytrix replied, more like excused herself. Eric slightly laughed at his little before grabbing a nearby guitar.

"I'll play the guitar to guide your singing, as long as you sing." Eric leaned on the counter, a little bit close to the swordsman. The swordsman only looked at Eric with a lot of questions in mind regarding the girl he met. "Ladies and gentlemen, may we please give Calytrix, my little sister the spotlight to sing." He announced to the people in the bar.

And my, oh my. How those words made Zoro feel like a heavy weight on his shoulders has been lifted. "They are just siblings, nothing more, nothing less." It is the only thing that Zoro could be thankful for now.

"Fine." Calytrix said as she inhaled a little bit deeply and readied her voice. She looked at Eric for a few moments "Can we instead do a duet?" Her request to her brother shocked a lot of people. All they know is that Calytrix can sing, but they never knew that Eric, the cold looking person with a low and cold voice can sing.

Eric grumbled in annoyance before agreeing with the idea. "Fine." And with that, he took the lead, playing the guitar and Calytrix starts to hum.

"I walked across an empty land

I knew the pathway like the back of my hand

I felt the earth beneath my feet

Sat by the river and it made me complete."

-Eric

"Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?

I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on

So, tell me when you're gonna let me in

I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin" Calytrix sings, her gaze locking with Zoro for a few seconds.

"I came across a fallen tree

I felt the branches of it looking at me

Is this the place we used to love?

Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?"

-Eric

"Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?

I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on

So, tell me when you're gonna let me in

I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin."

-Calytrx

"And if you have a minute, why don't we go

Talk about it somewhere only we know?

This could be the end of everything

So, why don't we go somewhere only we know?

Somewhere only we know." Both Calytrix and Eric sing at the same time. Putting their duet to an end.

Calytrix eyes locked with the swordsman with the last line. They held it that way, just looking at one another. Eric, who noticed his little sister's attention on a certain someone, searched the crowd with his eyes to find who it was. And the person is the swordsman. He knows that the guy is popular for killing pirates, and Eric doesn't want to mess up with him. Zoro is a pirate hunter, and Eric is a pirate. Eric do not want to have his have for a few bounties, even if he knows he doesn't have any. Claps soon erupted from the crowd of audience in the bar making Calytrix and Zoro cut their staring contest with one another. Calytrix shyly smiled and waved at the people and then decided to continue her shift for the day. Looking back at Zoro for a moment, she gave him a sign of excusing herself for a while. And he silently agreed with a single nod. Zoro was willing to wait for her shift to end, by means of being able to talk with Calytrix. However, he can feel eyes on him, glaring daggers in his direction. He looked over the area of where it comes from, and guess what? It's Eric himself, glaring at the swordsman for the attachment the swordsman has to his little sister. Zoro noticeably gulped a slump that formed in his throat before looking away at Eric.