A Vivid Past

550 years ago... before the events that would change the entire teyvat. the fall of khaenri'ah.

???: dear! breakfast is ready, now get up!

rimuru visit teyvat sometime to watch the world. well it's his world so-nevermind.

As he visited teyvat, day by day he developed feelings towards someone.

Makoto, the Electro Archon.

although they were enemies during the archon wars, after several times of meeting and talking, they can somehow feel the sparks burning between them.

at first, it was awkward.

makoto's side. Ei, who is her twin, disapproves of this relationship.

but after a little shows of strength, Ei realizes... the power gap between them is way too big.

so, she reluctantly gave their relationship her approval.

Rimuru: i'm awake already! *walks to the kitchen*

Makoto: geez. how many times have I told you not to drink too much? *putting food on the table*

Rimuru: you can't blame me for that. it's all barbatos fault *yawn*

Makoto: *sighs* always finding excuses... anyway, here.

they began their morning routine, as they always did.

Rimuru: *eats breakfast*

A small smile spread across Makoto's face as she watched her partner eat quietly. to her, it was very cute.

there was one day when makoto set up a table full of food. the motive? to watch rimuru eat, of course.

just looking at him brought a warm feeling to her heart.

realizing makoto was looking at him, rimuru then looked at her and sighed.

Rimuru: you and your fetish *continues eating*

Makoto: hey, calling it a fetish is a bit weird! *frowns*

Rimuru: *nom nom* then what? hobby?

Makoto: ughhh... i don't know! *walks into the living room*

she then started cleaning the living room while rimuru finished his breakfast.

Rimuru: ughhhh... full as usual *sighs contently*

Ciel: but master... as the highest race, you can't feel-

Rimuru: of course i know! *frowns*

Ciel: just admit it~

Rimuru: whatever... *starts washing the dishes*

their casual life continued like this... until one day.

right above the sky, there was some kind of flying island.

???: the time has come. it seems only the four of you have answered my call...

Morax: hmph. i'm here because of the contract.

Barbatos: freedom can take any form. and so, i'll going to free them from their own prison *sighs*

Rukkhadevata: one corrupted mind can affect their entire kin through words.

Makoto: ...

???: wait until the signal...

*BOOM!*

a loud explosion was heard from the ground. the shockwave alone could have shaken the entire island. of course this was no ordinary explosion.