CHAPTER 17: OLD FRIEND

NEW ORLEANS

The city looked lively. It was electric, bursting with magic, just like he remembered. Before the fire. New Orleans was once his home. He had once naively thought that it would remain their home for as long as possible, and he almost had it. They almost had it, until Mikael showed up. Before he burned it to the ground. Before he lost his friend, his son, or so he thought.

Now marcel had it, he owned it. His hybrids gave him intel on the supposed king of the quarter. It angered him that marcel never contacted them, that he chose to stay and claim what Klaus and his siblings built together. And because of Marcels actions, Bonnie was put in danger. Klaus would not have it.

Klaus planned to remove Marcel from the seat, then the witches of the French quarter were next. Surely, they didn't think they would control him forever. They were exploiting his weakness, his wife. But they would still pay for it.

Looking around and assessing the bar, Rousseau's. From the intel he got from Kevin and Daniel, his hybrids, Sophie worked at the bar. Klaus made it his mission to see her first. "Hello, love" his accented British voice startled Sophie. The girl almost dropped the glass she was cleaning. "You're here" she cleared her throat, looking around the bar.

"if I'm not mistaken, you did threaten me. A bold move on your part, but who am I to complain" Klaus gave her a cashmere smile. "I have no choice. And you killed my sister" Sophie whisper yelled. "Actually, I drained her dry. How is it my fault she ran out of blood, causing her feeble little heart to stop beating. But, between you and I, I did not even enjoy it, the blood I mean. Her death on the other hand, brought me joy" Klaus shrugged.

This is what Katie was worried about. This vampire was not like Marcel, he simply didn't care about anything. "Calm down, love. I am not going to kill you, yet" Klaus laughed. She didn't know what she had gotten herself into, and he was going to enjoy tearing her to bits. "A bottle of whiskey, the expensive kind" he ordered.

With shaky hands, Sophie got him a bottle and a drinking glass. "Tell me more about this little problem of yours" Klaus said. "There's nothing much to say. We want him out but not before bringing back what he took from us." Sophie reluctantly said. She didn't know if it was a good idea to tell Klaus everything.

"What would that be?" he was now serious. "Uhm, I'm not sure we should be speaking here" she said, looking around once more. "Ever heard of a silencing spell? You ancestral witches are very slow but I didn't think you could be so weak." He commented. Sophie glare at him, he was so disrespectful.

"A simple spell will get me killed. You don't want your darling wife to suddenly drop dead, now, do you?" she snapped. Klaus acted unfazed by her little threat, but he was seething. "Now, he took a girl from us. He is using her to keep us in check" Sophie said. Klaus could tell she was keeping the most important information to herself.

"This is the part where you tell me exactly what is going on, or I may not be able to help" Klaus smirked. They both knew that the last thing he wanted to do was 'help'. "Davina. Her name is Davina. She was one of the harvest girls chosen to participate in a ritual that will help replenish our magic. Before we could finish with the ritual, Marcel and his men interrupted and Davina was the only girl left. The rest remained dead because we didn't complete the ritual.

"Ah, I see. Human sacrifices. Oh, I mean, child sacrifices" he snickered. Witches always acted high and mighty, but they were some of the cruelest creatures to walk the earth. If it meant getting power, just like vampires, they were willing to do anything. In this case, they were willing to kill children. "I never told you they were children. They were going to wake up after the ritual" Sophie defended.