CHAPTER 24: HBD

"Katherine Pierce, is it?" a man asked. "Who wants to know?" Kathrine countered. She was on edge. She knew that if someone came looking for her, it wasn't a good sign. "Someone who would like to have a simple chat with you" the man said, his voice charming, with a charismatic smile. "Well, handsome, how can I help you?" Katherine flirted.

"It seems you and I have a common friend. I would like to discuss matters concerning him, and for you to deliver a message to him" the man said. "I don't have friends. Actually, what I mean to say is that, all my friends are dead." Katherine said. Looking around, she saw that she was surrounded by vampires, she was cornered, with no way to escape.

"Oh, I can assure you, this friend of ours, lives. As a matter of fact, he is hard to kill, if not impossible" the man said. Katherine felt all the joy she had come across for the last couple of days vanish. If this stranger was talking about a 'friend' of theirs, she hoped it wasn't the one she was running away from. Taking a deep calming breath, she asked, "what friend?".

The man smiled big. "The one and only Niklaus Mikaelson. Our dear lovely friend" he said. Kathrine rolled her eyes, "he is no friend of mine." She said. "Oh Katarina, do not insult my intelligence. I know all about your little run ins, and outs, with our dear friend" the man said. "Stop calling him our friend" Kathrine snapped at him, making him drop his smile.

"That is not important,'' he dismissed. "You will deliver a message to him" he demanded. "And if I don't?" Katherine challenged. "If you don't... then you won't get to enjoy that little vacation of yours. You know? The one with all the lovely men. What was the place called, again?" he pretended to ponder. Moving so close to her that she started backing away.

"Ah yes, Germany." He said with a sadistic smile, tracing a finger on her cheek. "You deliver my message to our dear friend, then you get to live out your fantasies in Germany. Although there are better places in my opinion." He spoke. "And why would I do what you want? I don't even know your name" Kathrine said.

"Because this is a threat, darling. You have no choice. And my name, though spectacular, if I do say so myself, is irrelevant at this moment" he said. Katherine assessed her surroundings, summed up her options. "Don't bother your pretty little head, you are going to do as I command" the man said with finality.

"What do I have to do?" she asked. she was going to hear them out, and once they let her go, she would run away. Simple. "You are going to deliver this package to a Bonnie Bennett. You are familiar with her, aren't you?" he asked, handing her a sealed envelope. It had an official seal and everything. "that's all?" she asked, confused.

The man smiled, "that is all" he said. "what's in it for me?" Kathrine asked. "Your life." The man deadpanned. She rolled her eyes and took the envelope. "You may think you can run away, but you

 can't. Meet jasmine. Isn't she a beauty?" he said gesturing to the young brown skinned woman who walked to stand by his side.

Katherine sized up the girl. "a witch?" she wondered. "Yes, darling. She is a witch. Aren't you the smart one" the man sarcastically said. "Darling, lets show her your special gift." He told jasmine. The witch took a hold of Katherine's arm and started chanting. Katherine felt the spell take a hold of her body, unwilling to let her go.

The man clapped his hands, happy about the results. "isn't she amazing?" he praised Jasmine. The girl blushed and made her way to the back. "Magnificent, isn't it? You can feel it, can't you?" he said to Kathrine. "What did you do to me?" she screamed. "I ensured that you would deliver my message" he told her.