**✿❀ 𝒂 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒚 ❀✿**

*The next morning*

*The next morning*

I sat in math class, my mind drifting far from the equations on the board. I was already picturing what I might wear to the annual Mafia Ball. The thought of attending such an exclusive event had me both excited and anxious. On top of that, I had to think about next weekend's plans with Hazel. She had mentioned she wanted to start modeling, and both Adeline and I had agreed to support her.

"Georgia, please answer the question on the board," the teacher's voice snapped me back to reality.

"It's 69," I answered automatically, my gaze fixed on the board.

"Thank you. Now, can you please pay attention?" she said, her tone more pointed.

I nodded, forcing myself to refocus on the lesson.

*Time skip*

As the school day ended, Haitti and I met up to tackle our dress-shopping mission.

"So, did you decide what dress you're going to wear to the ball this weekend?" Haitti asked as we walked out of school.

"No, not really," I admitted. "I was thinking we could go dress shopping now."

"Oh yes, that's a great idea!" Haitti's eyes lit up with enthusiasm.

Time skip

We hit several stores, but our search was proving difficult. The dresses we found were either the wrong size, too short, or not the right color. I was starting to get frustrated when Haitti suddenly exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, look at those two dresses right there!"

"What?" I started to ask, but before I could say anything else, she had already tugged me toward the store she had spotted.

Inside, Haitti's eyes sparkled with excitement as she held up a stunning white dress. "Ooh, this would look so good on you!" she said, her voice full of admiration.

The dress was white and sparkly, with a thigh-high slit, a bow on the side, and a sweetheart bodice. It was exactly the kind of dramatic piece I had been hoping for. I took the dress from her, already imagining how it would look at the ball.

"This is perfect," I said, smiling at Haitti. "Let's try it on."

Haitti beamed, clearly pleased with her find. "I knew we'd find something amazing. Let's see how it looks!"

 Let's see how it looks!"