◦•●◉✿ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑙𝑙✿◉●•◦

This whole ball is turning out to be a total drag. Nothing exciting has happened, and that "special announcement" they mentioned is starting to feel like a complete bluff. The only upside to this event is the chance to meet other mafia leaders and maybe forge some alliances. But even that isn't enough to keep me from getting bored out of my mind.

Just as I was about to check out mentally, Enzo's parents took the stage. "Everyone, could I please have your attention," his father, Vincent, called out. "We are very thankful for each of you who came. This ball is very important to us because we would like to announce something."

I felt my ears perk up at that, curiosity replacing some of the boredom.

"We would like to announce that I am handing down my position as Italian Mafia leader to my son, Enzo," Vincent said, as Enzo moved to stand beside him.

"Son, I'm very proud to know that I can trust you to lead the mafia," Vincent continued, his voice full of emotion. "So, I now declare you the new leader of the Italian Mafia."

As soon as the words left his mouth, everyone in the room erupted into applause. It was a surreal moment, watching Enzo, who I'd only ever seen as an annoying rival, take on such a significant role. He walked off the stage and returned to sit beside me.

"Well, congratulations on being the leader,I guess you forgot they would be announcing that when you invited me " I said to him, genuinely surprised by how calm I sounded.

"Yes actually I did , just don't tell any one else ," he replied, his tone almost... humble.

"I have told you before that I don't follow your rules Enzo " " ok fine please just please don't tell any one" " only because you said please and also because I have secrets of my own I won't say any thing and also don't ask what my secrets are " "ok ".

But I couldn't let things slide without getting some answers. "Now I have a second question. Why did you invite me to the ball, and how did you know I'd actually come?" I asked, locking eyes with him.

He leaned back slightly, as if considering how much to tell me. "I told you, I didn't have a date, and my friend is the one who chose you for me."

"Okay, but why me, though? We hate each other," I pressed.

He shrugged, looking almost amused I don't know already had dates."

"And what if I had a date too? What would you have done then?" I challenged.

"I don't know," he admitted, his voice casual.

"Okay, that's all I wanted to know," I said, feeling like I'd gotten the answers I needed-though they left me with more questions than before.

As we sat there, the weight of what had just been announced hung in the air between us. Enzo was now the leader of the Italian Mafia. It was a reality I hadn't anticipated, and one I'd need to navigate carefully. Because no matter how much I wanted to focus on my own life, this new twist meant that Enzo and I were far more entangled than I'd ever wanted to be.

Great

Great. Now I have to deal with the fact that Georgia knows I'm the leader of the Italian Mafia. This is the last thing I wanted-someone like her having leverage over me. I'll have to bring it up with the team when I get the chance, figure out the best way to manage this mess.

But what really has me on edge is the other part of the deal. If she remembers that I agreed to do anything she asks for a week, I'm screwed. I can already see her making my life a living hell, especially at school. She'd relish every second of it, too, knowing she has that kind of power over me.

Please, let her forget. Just this once, let her forget.

*time skip*

The ball has ended I'm with Georgia in my car right now I'm taking her home. This has to be one of the most awkward car ride over ever been in but I guess it's better than us speaking cause we would be fighting.

I pull up into Georgia's driveway as I turn to my right to see her sleeping. She looks so peaceful , it's good to see her so calm and peaceful. I feel bad for having to wake her up... , I'll just carry her inside .

I got out of my car and walked to her side as I opened the door and carefully unbuckled her making sure to not wake her up. I picked her up bridal style and walk to the front door .

"Is that Gia?" her sister asked as I walked in.

"Yeah, I brought her home from the ball. Also, can I come in to put her to bed?" I asked.

"Um, yeah sure, her bedroom is upstairs down the hallway, third room on your right."

"Okay, thank you."

I carried Georgia upstairs, carefully navigating the darkened hallway. Her room was a perfect reflection of her-cream white walls with touches of beige that screamed sophistication and edge.

I gently laid her down on her bed after straightening the covers. I didn't change her clothes; it didn't feel right, and I wanted to respect her privacy. After making sure she was comfortable, I quietly left her room, closing the door softly behind me.

As I walked downstairs, I saw Georgia's sister standing by the door, watching me with a quiet, observing look. I headed towards the door, planning to keep it simple-a quick goodbye and nothing more.

"Thank you for bringing her home," she said softly as I approached.

I turned to her, managing a small smile. "You're welcome. Bye."

"Bye," she replied.

So much for sticking to just saying bye, I thought as I stepped out into the night.

__________________________

A/n : I know this was shorter than my other chapters and I'm sorry I just wanted to publish this faster

Georgia's bedroom

Georgia's bedroom

Thank you for reading his temptation

___________________________________