Photo

Waking up late was not my plan, in one hour Practice 3 which for some reasons, no elimination happened. The practice will take place at 8am, my phone is also buzzing unstoppably, knowing that the whole team is waiting for me, I answer Mattia letting him know that I slept in. And of course, he'll tell the team.

As I was wearing my tight white suit to quickly slip in the rest of the suit in the garage, the door knocks, I go and open it, only to reveal Francesca, the best coffee girl in the whole paddock ever. "You're late! We need to go!"
She says. Thanks God I was done with almost everything, I only had to check my messages.

"The car should be ready for you now!" Francesca told me, as the both of us were heading to the garage as fast as we could. Greeting on the way everyone I know, and as we are here now, Francesca gets her entrance key out and enters the paddock and I do too with mine. "You're late! Come on!" As soon as I enter, Mattia appears in front of us, Francesca goes back to her work without saying a word and I go to my car, taking my new helmet from Enrique's hands.

I get myself comfortable in the car, putting the seatbelts around my body, my shoulders and my waist. "You got this." A tap on my head sends shivers through my body, I look up and see Charles smiling at me, "Don't worry! I will do my best!" I say fist bumping Leclerc.

3...2...1...

I press my leg on the right pedal as hard as I can, letting everything I know in racing out, setting in my mind that this is like the race. Aston Martin's cars are behind me, I'm in the 18th position, this is so bad. And so the team behind, is having their bad start, this is no good sign for them.
Stroll unfortunately crashes because of Nico and luckily it's something small not dangerous.
I speed up now, passing Hulkenberg, Checo, Ricciardo, Ocon and Russel, now I'm next to Gasly fighting for the 10th place, his car almost pushes me out of the track, but I managed to let him out. 'Good job Muller, keep going.' The radio guy says to me, I thank him. My main focus now is on being good in that practice to make sure that Mattia and the team specially Charles are proud of me.

Sainz is now ahead of me, I'm now in the 5th position and he's the 4th. Bottas is leading the race's practice, Hamilton behind him and Verstappen is the third. I need to pass Carlos and Max, then at least, I should try and pass Hamilton and Bottas. But there is no space left for that, the practice is about to end in a minute. And before the practice ended, I passed both Carlos and Max.
Being in the 3rd place right now, I got happy. But that cannot be continuing in the race. Now we'll park our cars back in the garage and probably know and see the reason why there was no eliminations.

Everyone is reunited, and weirdly, there was no reason for not eliminating. It was some type of change they wanted to try, which was useless anyway. "Hey Sir Binotto!" I say with a loud tone as I see Mattia walking by the Red Bull's garage before coming to where all of us were standing and gathered. "Mia! It's good to see you!" He smiles at me patting my left shoulder and told me that I did amazing, and my smile couldn't get wider.

Now this evening, the qualifying will take place, it's Saturday today. Tomorrow's the race.
I'm so worried about that, it's my first race back and maybe my only chance to prove myself to the Ferrari team. And it's only a matter of time till I go to Red Bull, or stay in Ferrari.

"Carlos!" I hear Charles's voice calling for Sainz behind me. My curiosity got the best of me as I turned around to see the duo, smiling and laughing together.
After a few minutes, the drivers left, to train or rest and maybe do something else to take off their minds that we have our first qualifying round in a few hours.
Almost everyone and most of the drivers left by now, I see Max who's still here chatting with Horner and I go over to his garage.
Entering the garage, while wearing my racing suit except my balaclava and helmet was grabbing the attention towards us, since everything here is bleu and I'm red.