Chapter:1 Bat of the kingdom

16 years later

After the discovery of the king, the royal family accepted her in as her own before bringing home Maya. They gave the little bat the name of Nocturnix, but most just call her Noi for short. Over the years of living in Teca she became the kingdoms top guard of the night, she was exceptional at what she did but the problem was no one else knew about her existence, if any of the other kingdoms found out it would have been chaos that Teca has thier own god as a defence system. Nocturnix was only a year older than Maya and spent most of her time training or watching the Yeca brothers train for the prophecy to come, thier father did the same since he was ecstatic that fate chose him and his sons to take down the mighty Lord Mictlan. Nocturnix didn't care much about prophecies and fates decisions but all she cared about was her kingdom and the royals safety, she always had to wear a cloak in public to make sure there was no panic throughout the kingdom or any misunderstandings with the other kingdoms. Sure the royals knew of her origins but she didn't, and neither did Maya around the time, the only clue they had were pieces of jewelry they had as infants which made them grow close over the years because of the things in common but since thier personalities and opinions were strong hearted they would have minor disagreements every now and then. The start of the day was slowly starting as an eagled cry could be heard around the kingdom of Teca, the jaguar brothers were nowhere to be seen along with thier father which should have been expected since that very day was Mayas birthday and we're out to find the perfect gifts for her. But not Nocturnix, she was off in her room which was on the other side of the palace looking through the many piles of blueprints and scattered papers for her new armor, she looked around the small desk completely covered in papers and more blueprints for armor and weapon improvements, then she finally found it. She looked at them for a few hard seconds with nothing but silence in her room until it was interrupted by Cháipa jumping through her window uninvited "Cháipa?! How many times have I told you to stop jumping through my window?!"