𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 (𝐅𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐨𝐭𝐮𝐬, 𝐀𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐝)

The ringing rang in his ear.... why so loud? why so painful?

Could it be what was deserved? 

Maybe my destiny was pain? to suffer.... to.... want so peace which was never deserved in my life.

Xiao Zhan said to himself...... or was it that tiny voice that made him feel pain.

All he wished was peace but it seems like he would never get that even if he wanted to, Xiao Zhan heard ringing and suddenly felt an ache in his heart and chest, it felt so tight like he was suffocating. 

This is what he wanted, this was what he looked for years, he wanted but never accepted anything. Letting Wang Yibo go was truly painful but doing it a second time was worse, the feeling of the first returned and drained every single strength he had in his body. 

He could say that...... Yes.... he fell in love once again with the man he hated for year but why didn't he accept it. 

Was it for attention?

"No" Xiao Zhan thought to himself.

"Who knows?" The tiny voice in Xiao Zhan's head repeated making Xiao Zhan ache.

He never wanted attention, the attention he never deserved. He wasn't the perfect guy Wang Yibo made him seem to be, the one who was beautiful in every way, Xiao Zhan saw himself as the nasty, the most undesirable, one who could never give love and would never be able to.

"He deserves better, I am ruined" Xiao Zhan thought, his thoughts seemed like he said it to himself but from a distance.

"H-he...he?" the thoughts seemed unexplainable, why did it feel like it was fading?

Yubin and Hai Kuan begged the doctor to save Xiao Zhan's life, Yubin fell onto his knees as he sobbed.

"Please! Save him!!" Yubin continued to sob, Hai Kuan comforted Yubin as he tried to hold in his tears, but his tears seemed to have more strength than himself.

After 5 hours of surgery, the brain surgeon exited the operating room making Yubin and Hai Kuan get up from their seats and ask about Xiao Zhan.

"How is he?" Hai Kuan asked as Yubin was a crying mess in Hai Kuan's arms.

"He is alive and the surgery went well, just that *sigh* we detected some severe...memory loss" Yubin immediately looked up with widen eyes, Hai Kuan was now confused.

"How much memory did he lose?" Yubin's eyes filled with concern and worry for Xiao Zhan's condition.

"Our second Neurologist found some brain rhythm being a little uneven, we don't know what specific memory he lost but he might've lost 9 to 10 years of memory, that's our guess" Yubin dropped on his knees as he realized that Xiao Zhan forgot about Wang Yibo, everything.

Yubin didn't know if he should've felt happy or worried, but he knew this was for the best and things that occurred were because of something.  

One month passed.

After a month, Xiao Zhan was slowly recovering from the head injury from the fall, Xiao Zhan remembered Yubin, Hai Kuan and Xu Kai but something that was odd was that... Xiao Zhan remembered about the breakup but in another form.

"What did Xiao Zhan tell you?" Yubin asked Hai Kuan who just left Xiao Zhan's hospital room and approached Yubin who was sitting outside the room.

"He told me the exact thing he told us a couple of days ago, he remembers his tough break up but with *sigh* Xu Kai, he says that Xu Kai broke up with him after kissing someone else" Hai Kuan continued to explain.