RUN, HIDE, SURVIVE

Chapter 2
The Countdown

A couple of hours had passed since Kota and 2 of his other "brothers"  had come over to chill. Currently we were playing a game  of truth or dare in the kitchen and it had been Nathan's turn when Gabriel yelled out grabbing our attention.

"Oy! Get y'all a**** in here." I looked at Kota then to Nathan who only shrugged. We left the kitchen heading into the living room to find Gabe on his device. "What is it, Gabriel" Kota asked pushing his glasses up on his face. Gabriel glanced up at us before looking panicked back at his phone. "According to social media, there will be a purge in less than 2 hours. It also says that there will be no emergency services that will be provided during this time. We will be entirely on our own."

My eyes widen in confusion. "What?" I walked over to Gabriel grabbing his device. He had been scrolling on twitter looking at the tweets. As I read through them, I started to pale and breathe heavily. It was really happening. A purge was going to happen and people were going to be free to kill whoever. I looked at the 3 boys I had just met. We had become friends in the last couple of hours but that didn't mean I could trust them fully.

I looked at the time. 5:49. I had time to board up the house with whatever I could find until time was up, but I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it through. Humans were unpredictable when they had permission to do things like this and that's what scared me. I didn't know anybody enough to consider myself safe to be around them. I had just moved here.

Tears rolled down my face at the thought of dying now when I just got freedom to live how I want. "Don't worry Sang, you'll be alright with us. I promise." Kota said grabbing ahold of my cheeks making me focus on him. The way he stared into my eyes forcing me to believe him made me stop. I was going to be okay. "What are we going to do?" I asked wiping my face of the salty water trail.

Nathan spoke up next. "Well we need to contact the rest of us so that we can meet up and get prepared for this.''  Kota nodded while Gabe sat quietly. While the 2 of them worked together to get in contact with the rest of their brothers, I sat down besides Gabe who looked to be deep in thought. "What are you thinking about?" He snapped out of what ever trance he was in and looked over at me with a small sad smile. "Nothing important."

"Hey guys, so we just got done contacting everyone and they said to stay put until they come. For now, we are to gather what we can and board up the windows and start locking up everything." Kota looked to me with a serious expression. "Sang, you have a basement which we will use during this event. Everyone will be coming over here since we vouched that you are safe and won't bring harm to us or to yourself." I nodded my head having no other choice than to listen to his advice since I wasn't in any condition to handle this thing on my own.

"They should be here in about 20-25 minutes. With that being said, let's go." Gabriel stood up from the couch going to follow Nathan. I stood up also to follow along to but Kota stopped me in my tracks. "Not you, you stay here and wait for the others to arrive. We got the dirty work handled."

I sat back down with a pout then waited until they left to sort through the boxes I had not touched yet. I had a few self defense weapons that I had told no one about so I pulled them out and laid them on the table. A few minutes after leaving, Kota came back in with a woman and a teenage girl trailing behind him.

"Sang, this is my mother, Erica and my sister, Jessica. They will be waiting with you." He said before noticing the weapons on the table and when he did he stood there shocked for a moment then walked across the room to pick up a dagger. "Sang, what are you doing with these?"

I looked up at him sheepishly shrugging my shoulders. "Let's just say I had a lot of hardships in the past." His eyes flashed with understanding before he sat the dagger down and with a nod of his head, he left once again.

Erica and Jessica had made themselves comfortable on the couch in front of me instead of one near me. I could understand. I was a new person and hadn't earned their trust yet. I opened my mother to say something but then Erica uttered something first. "I'm sorry I didn't quite hear you."  I said placing my hands in my lap just in case they felt intimidated with the thought of a weapon being in my hands, but then it was probably already too late for that. "I said when did you move here?" Erica spoke up hugging her daughter to her. "I made it here this morning." I said with a chuckle. "I fell asleep in the car from exhaustion. It was a long drive here from Illinois." She nodded her head staying quiet.

Silence erupted in the room with the random sounds of knocking against a wall coming from the boys as they boarded up the open entrances. Soon there was a knock on the door, so I got up to go open it knowing that it will be the rest of Kota's brothers. When I opened the door, I was not expected to be greeted by 6 different forms of gorgeous. It was enough to make a girl faint from seeing as much beauty I was seeing. My mouth parted as I stared up at 6 beautiful men standing in front of my doorway. "Oh good, y'all are here." Nathan said from somewhere behind me. I snapped out of my trance moving out of the doorway. No doubt I looked goofy to them like a fish out of water, wide eyes gazing up at them with an open mouth. "I'm sorry for my ill manners. Please come in. My name is Sang and it is very nice to meet you all."

***

The next chapter will be posted soon. (: