5

The days passed by in a blur for Izuku. He went about his work as usual, but his mind was always preoccupied with thoughts of the wedding and the events that followed. He couldn't help but feel guilty for not being able to protect Momo and Todoroki's special day from being ruined by a villain.

But more than that, Izuku couldn't shake off the strange tension that had formed between him and Katsuki after the wedding. They had gone back to their usual routine of bantering and bickering, but something had changed. Izuku couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he felt like there was a newfound understanding between them.

One evening, after a long day at work, Izuku found himself walking towards his apartment, lost in thought. He was surprised to find Katsuki already there, sitting on the couch and watching TV.

"Hey," Katsuki greeted him without looking away from the screen. "I thought you were still at the office."

"I finished up a bit earlier today," Izuku replied, taking off his shoes and walking over to join Katsuki on the couch. "What are you watching?"

"Some cheesy rom-com," Katsuki scoffed. "It's what couples do, apparently."

Izuku chuckled, feeling the tension between them ease up a bit. "Do you want to watch something else instead?"

"Nah, this is fine," Katsuki said, but he turned the TV off anyway and tossed the remote aside. "So, about the other day..."

Izuku tensed up, wondering what Katsuki was going to say. He had been avoiding any talk about the events at the wedding, not sure how to bring it up without making things even more awkward between them.

"I'm sorry for what I said," Katsuki said, looking at Izuku with a rare serious expression. "I know we're not really dating, but I still shouldn't have acted like that in front of you and Ochako."

"It's okay," Izuku said quickly, not wanting Katsuki to dwell on it too much. "We were just caught off guard, that's all."

"Yeah, but still," Katsuki said, running a hand through his spiky blond hair. "I don't want things to be weird between us. We've been through too much shit together for that."

Izuku felt a rush of affection for Katsuki at his words. Despite their constant bickering and arguing, Katsuki had always had his back when it really mattered. He had been there for him through thick and thin, and Izuku knew that he could always count on him.

Katsuki's phone rang, and he saw it was Kirishima calling. He hesitated for a moment, considering not answering, but decided to pick up.

"Yo, what's up?" Katsuki said, trying to keep his voice casual.

"Hey man, I hope I'm not interrupting anything important," Kirishima said.

"Nah, just hanging out at home. What's going on?" Katsuki replied, relaxing slightly.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," Kirishima said, his voice serious. "I heard from a friend of a friend that there's been some rumors going around about you and Deku."

Katsuki felt a knot form in his stomach. "What kind of rumors?" he asked, trying to keep his voice even.

"Well, apparently some people are saying that you and Deku aren't really fake dating," Kirishima said. "They're saying that you're actually together and just pretending to be fake dating as a cover up."