Chapter 5

The morning hours had passed, yet I'm still stuck at this thing that I'm working on. The ticking sounds of my wrist watch became my own white noise. It is calming me in a way that I want to be calm.

I'm starting to get bored at my office. I yawned like a lion. I stared at the mug of coffee and decided to touch it, checking if it was still hot. Then suddenly I remembered that I finished it hours ago. I sighed and stretched my arm.

I immediately felt a presence in my room; it was Theo, my secretary. I almost didn't notice him. But then I smelled a strong perfume and immediately got my poise back.

Clearing my imaginary phlegm in my throat, I raised my one brow to him, expecting that he could guess that it was his cue to come near me.

Theo didn't disappoint; he always knew what I wanted or what to do, even if I didn't talk.

A black memory stick greets my tired eyes. While theo explaining the meeting earlier, I didn't bother to attend.

I was staring at his lips, pretending that I was interested. "Did you get that?" Theo snapped at my thoughts.

How dare he interrupt my thoughts? That was bold of him. We're at work. I glared at him, then he smiled back.

I faked my stretched just to stirke my foot to his long leg. Just I expect an exaggerated response coming from him as if i stabbed him with a knife. I rolled my eyes at him.

I rose up to my seat, trying to match my eyes to his, but it didn't work because this moron is tall as hell. His exaggerated response vanished, when I walked near him.

Eyeing him like prey, I smelled his masculine perfume. I almost heard him gulping. I can see his neck starting to turn red. I can't stand my thoughts being so loud that I almost say them out loud.

I stopped walking. Gap inch, mint breath. My stomach was full of butterflies, or whatever it is. I looked up, trying to match his face. I can't stand it. I burst into laughter. I could feel my face turning red. "Ha! I got you there, bro," I said awkwardly to Theo and ran like an idiot out of the office.