003: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕒𝕧𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝔼𝕪𝕖

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Larissa - 10 years old

Shin - 11 years old

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

(Hii! Before you start reading I want to clarify that Wattpad deleted a solid 800 words from this chapter >:(

I promise I will rewrite the ending of the chapter, but I do not have the motivation to right now so I am just moving on!

There is a summary at the end to explain what Wattpad stole. Ugh.)

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

A grip on my shoulders shook me awake from my nightmare until I sat up, gasping for breath. My chest was tight and my nose was blocked. The sheets were crumpled from the torture of my slumber and my back was slick with sweat even despite the chill.

The cold of the middle of the night bit at my uncovered skin and the screams were abruptly gone. Now, they were replaced with a stuffy silence.

My blurry vision focused on the amber fog until finally the bleary image sharpened to the silhouette of my mother holding a lantern up to my face.

Her own face was creased with deep concern and her movements were jittery. Urgent.

"Come on," The woman spoke quickly. "Lari, come on, sweetheart."

"Get dressed. Get up."

My body moved before my mind clocked on to what I was doing.

It was dark out. Too dark.

The main door was open, letting the icy cold bite through the house as well as just my dreams.

"Larissa, come on. We have to go."

-------

Something had changed overnight.

The hours of the morning were nowhere to be seen, for morning was still yet to warm the sky. Instead, the chill that once rippled through the atmosphere now disturbed the air in an unnerving breeze - still, but cold enough to leave you aching for seven more blankets to be consoling you. No birds were chirping, not even the crows that soared overhead on gloomy mornings like these.

Something mournful and disconsolate snuck through homes and sought out souls to wake up and drown. Lanterns and torches were dimmed, or all around extinguished. Not even the Candorillian Lillies emmitted their phosphorescent light.

The morning darkness was usually different than at night. At night, when the sun set and the dark came, all it brought was more darkness, more black which promised to creep into your thoughts. The darkness of the morning was different; because then you know its promise is not of more dark but of light. It promised to chase away the lurking predators of the night.

It was something I only saw few times a year: the darkness before dawn. Usually, I woke up just as the sun lit up the skies a light grey colour and formed those dark blue shadows around my curtains.

Well, apart from this morning.

When the hours of my wake hugged so tightly to midnight, the possibilities of poltergheists and demons crawling out from beneath my bed was at an all time high. My heart was racing and ramming into my ribcage over and over as if in attempt to splatter on the floor and sprint away.