2. Haq

Meerab and Muratsim have been married for a year. They have consummated their marriage and have confessed their love for each other. This one shot will have parts of episode 37 from the show.

MATURE CONTENT AHEAD ....Please read at your discretion.

************************************

Meerab had been waiting for Murtasim for 3 hours now. 3 hours full of worry because her dear husband, who considered himself unbeatable by mortals, was unreachable. He had left in the morning as usual, and she hadn't heard back from him all day. Murtasim was a busy man, and with her khanam duties, they both rarely got time during the day, but they made it a point to at least connect with each other through a couple of texts. He hadn't texted her or responded to any of her messages. His phone was also off. This wouldn't have been a cause for concern, but he hadn't taken his right hand man Bakhtu with him today. Her thoughts kept slipping away from her...what if he was in an accident or worse had an alteration with his many enemies! If only she could speak to him once! She thought of contacting Maa Begum, but she was away for a wedding, and there was no point in worrying her. Murtasim drove in just as she was about to go out and ask Bakhtu to look for Murtasim. She saw him get out of the car, and relief flooded her, seeing him unharmed, followed by anger that he would be so inconsiderate.

He approached her with a smile "Hey" he said, reaching for her hand.

She stepped out of reach and asked, "Where were you?"

He frowned and said with a shrug."I had some work in the Village."

The causal attitude and lack of explanation bothered Meerab. "Why didn't you take Bakhtu with you?"

He sighed."What's the point of this? I am home now and tired. I just want to spend some time with my wife." He said, reaching for her again.

Meerab scoffed and folded her arms. "Biwi? Ab yaad aa rahi hai tumhe? You didn't think how I would worry that your phone wasn't reachable for so long and none of us knew where you were?"

He sighed and ran the back of his fingers against her cheek. "I am sorry for worrying you, jaan. There was something important that I needed to take care of in the village, and my phone died."

She opened her mouth to reply when her phone rang falshing a name she would never expect to call her...Haya. Haya had been staying with her paternal family after she tried to purposely injure Meerab, and she had no reason to call her. She looked at Murtasim and answered the call "Hello" Haya's overly sweet voice grated on her ears. "Muratsim ko phone dena," she ordered. Meerab felt her temper rise at the tone "he isnt available," she snapped. Haya sighed over the phone. "Koi baat nahi...waise bhi kafi baat ho gayi hamari aaj. Uski file mere paas reg gayi hai..kal driver ke haath bhej dungi...bata dena Muratsim ko...bye" she laughed and cut the phone.

Meerab looked at Murtasim in disbelief "Haya was your important work?" She asked.

He sighed and tilted his head to the side, looking exasperated. "Meerab..

"I don't want to hear anything, Murtasim!" She hissed and walked towards their room with Muratsim following her. "Why did you bother coming back at all? you should have stayed with her na...gotten more quality time," she said, her temper rising.

"Jo muh me aa raha hai bole jaa rahi ho! Aisa kuch nahi hai, I had to talk to her about something important." he tried reasoning with her.

"Accha..to phone pe nahi kar sakte the? jana zaruri tha?" She asked.

"Yes, it couldn't be dealt over the phone," he said quietly.

"So you could have asked Maa Begum or taken me with you?" Meerab retrotrted.