Coffee?

Episode 30 & 31 reimagined

"Coffee banane chalein?...mein aur tum?"

************************************

Murtasim was reviewing property papers. It was a tedious task, but unfortunately, it couldn't be avoided. Doing paperwork was his least favorite part and always put him in a sour mood...Haya's pleading and requests to reconsider her marriage to Naurez just added to the frustration. He would have been happy to look for another prospect, but Haya didn't have a problem with Naurez. She didn't want to marry any guy. Murtasim knew he was the reason behind her refusal, a fact that pained him to no end. He was married to Meerab, happily so. Even if Meerab wasn't in the picture, he would never have considered Haya as a good match for him. She was like a sister to him.. he had told her this multiple times and always discouraged any misleading behavior from her end, but she refused to see sense. Her being in the house and constant digs at Meerab were causing starin on his marriage, and he couldn't allow that. Meerab was finally melting towards him. She actually made an effort to talk to him and be around him rather than running away every time. He smiled at the thought of Meerab. She would come in anytime now knowing he was home, trying to act casual as she settled in the room and waited for him to start a conversation. Once he started, she would talk and tease him, showing him how the future might look one day. He cherished these moments, seeing glimpses of affection in her eyes.

As he predicted, Meerab strolled in half an hour later and sat on the bed. He knew she was in the room but didn't look up, knowing it would annoy her. After waiting for a couple of minutes, she cleared her throat, trying to get his attention. He bit back a smile, Meerab wasn't known for her patience. He looked up at her with raised brows. "kuch kehna tha?"

Meerab nodded and said, "Haya is shaadi se khush nahi hai."

Muratsim was surprised. There was no love lost between the two females. "You are appealing Haya's case? Don't you want her to get married?"

"I do want her to get married but not like this..she should like the guy." Meerab said in a soft voice.

"Kya burai hai Naurez mein?" He asked.

She shrugged. "On the surface, nothing. He is from a good family, educated, and doesn't seem to be shackled with ortbodox thoughts. " Then, with a twinkle in her eyes, she continued,"Unlike some people I know."

He knew the last statement was a dig at him, but he chose to ignore it. "Exactly, the guy is good, and she will be happy with him. Aur waise bhi I want her to get married soon"

She raised her browse. "Why?"

He shrugged. "So that I only have to deal with one stubborn person in this house."

Meerab's chin jerked up. "I am not stubborn," she said, her tone defiant.

Murtasim felt flickers of desire whenever she did that. The fire in her eyes and her defiant tone made him want to grab her mouth and kiss her into submission, but he couldn't do that... not yet. He looked at her and smiled Slightly "of course not! You are the pure image of obedience, " he said sarcastically.

"No need to be sarcastic, I am opinionated and not afraid to share it. There's a difference!" She argued.

"Hmmm..hmmm," he just nodded, looking at the files again.

His nonchalance bothered her. "Murtasim..ek baar soch lo. Haya...." she tried again.

He sighed, an edge of authority tinged his tone as he replied, "Bas... you don't need to think about her. If she had a valid excuse, then I would have, but she doesn't. Let it go." He got up to leave... not wanting to argue.