Good Enough

The city of Pohzarnov lay in ruins, its once towering buildings reduced to rubble by the relentless battle that had raged throughout the night. The sky overhead was still dark, but there was a glimmer of hope on the horizon as the first rays of the sun began to pierce through the thick clouds. In the midst of the destruction, a group of heroes stood atop a shattered skyscraper, their silhouettes stark against the emerging dawn.

At the forefront, Batman donned the black suit, a symbol of his resilience and determination. His cape billowed in the cool morning breeze as he surveyed the city below, his keen eyes ever watchful for any sign of danger. To his right, Superman stood tall, his powerful frame radiating strength and hope. His black cape hung majestically, untouched by the battle's chaos, a symbol of unwavering resolve.

Wonder Woman stood beside Superman, her lasso coiled at her side. Her Amazonian armor gleamed in the faint light, a testament to her unyielding bravery. Aquaman, his trident in hand, gazed out at the devastated landscape with a sense of solemn duty, his Atlantean armor adorned with intricate patterns.

The Flash, always the quickest of them all, stood slightly apart from the group, his vibrant red suit a streak of lightning against the dark backdrop. His expression was one of relief, knowing that their combined efforts had averted disaster. Cyborg, part machine and part man, surveyed the city's destruction with a mixture of sorrow and determination, his cybernetic eye scanning for any remaining threats.

As the heroes looked out over the city, a sense of accomplishment washed over them. They had faced Steppenwolf and thwarted the Unity's malevolent plan to turn the planet into a barren wasteland. The battle had been fierce, and the cost had been high, but their unity had proven stronger than any force of darkness.

In the distance, the sun continued its ascent, casting a warm, golden glow over the battered city. It was a new day, a day of hope and rebuilding. The heroes knew that their work was far from over, but in this moment, as the sun's rays bathed them in light, they took a moment to stand together and reflect on their hard-fought victory. The dawn marked a new beginning, a chance to rebuild, and a reminder that as long as they stood united, they could overcome any challenge that threatened the world they had sworn to protect.

XXXX

A week Later.

Washington D.C.

Diana stood resolutely in front of the memorial dedicated to Steve Trevor. Her face was etched with a deep sense of solemnity. This marker symbolized the noble sacrifice of a man lost in the throes of World War I, his remains forever unclaimed. Gently, she laid a bouquet of fresh blooms at the foot of the memorial, a modest tribute to a memory that still burned bright in her heart.

"Happy Anniversary, Steve Trevor." she murmured, a cascade of sadness and appreciation lacing her words. Her journey had spanned decades, a path that constantly reminded her of the moments they never got to share.

Her eyes lingered on the stone, and in that moment, Diana felt a profound sense of completion, a heaviness lifting off her. Unspoken words had lingered between them, and now, she found the strength to voice them.

"I love you." she uttered tenderly, imbuing the simple phrase with a century's worth of yearning. Embracing a newfound tranquility, Diana turned from the memorial, stepping out of the cemetery with the knowledge that Steve's legacy would forever intertwine with her own story.

XXXX

Batcave.

In the hallowed silence of the Batcave, Alfred and Carrie remained by Bruce's side, their presence a silent testament to their unwavering support. The dimly lit cave bore witness to a solemn act of redemption as Bruce painstakingly removed the graffiti from Jason's old Robin suit.