The New Deal

Bonnie was walking through the woods towards the old abandoned witch house, As soon as she stepped through the door, eerie whispers were surrounding her, leading the way, beckoning her to follow them. Without thinking, Bonnie followed them into the basement. Three coffins were filling the room in front of her. One of them, the one right in the front, was pulling her in like a magnet. She felt the strong urge to open it and reveal its secrets, so she walked towards it and pulled it open. Klaus was lying inside the coffin, hands folded over his chest. He looked peaceful, as if he was merely sleeping. Enclosed in his hands was the indestructible necklace that had one belonged to the Original Witch. Bonnie reached out to grab it, but before she could touch it, the sound of creaking floorboards coming from behind her startled her. She turned around and -

Bonnie opened her eyes and jolted up from her bed, panting heavily.

A dream.

It had just been a dream. The same one she had ever since the night of their failed attempt to kill Klaus at the Homecoming Dance seven days ago. If only she knew what it wanted to tell her.

Elena was jogging her daily route through the neighborhood, when she suddenly spotted a brunette stranger dressed in a black hoodie running right behind her. At first, she didn't think much about it. Maybe he had simply decided on the same jogging route as her. But the longer he followed her, the more the uneasy feeling in her stomach grew. She couldn't shake the feeling that he was following her.

At the next corner, Elena decided to strain from her usual route and turned into a small alley, picking up the speed in her quest to outrun her creepy stalker. After a few minutes she stopped to catch her breath. When she turned around. the stranger in the black hoodie was nowhere to be seen. A triumphant smile tucked on her lips. She had managed to shake him off. Elena turned back around to continue on her way - and bumped straight into Mr. Hoodie. He steadied her before she could fall, his hands resting on her arms.

"Excuse me," he apologized, laughing awkwardly. "Should have been watching where I was going."

Elena abruptly pulled away from him, as if he burned her.

"Don't worry about it," she mumbled.

He gave her a friendly smile.

"Have a nice day."

As he jogged away, Elena's eyes followed him, wondering if she was turning paranoid or if he had truly been stalking her. She couldn't tell what the better option was.

"I feel like I'm going crazy. Totally paranoid all the time," Elena confessed as she and Bonnie met for Sunday brunch at the Mystic Grill an hour later.

"You have a right to be," Bonnie said. "Klaus is still out there and he knows you tried to kill him."

Elena grimaced at the reminder and bit her lips anxiously.

"Why hasn't he made a move?" she wondered loudly. "There has been no sign of him. Nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity."

"Join the club," the witch scoffed. "Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare. On repeat."

She shuddered and took another sip of her lemonade. Elena furrowed her brows.

"The same dream?"

Bonnie nodded.