The House Guest

"What is she doing here?"Elena glared at her evil vampire lookalike. She, Stefan, Damon and Katherine stood together in Stefan's bedroom."When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb," Damon explained. "How's that possible?" Stefan asked.Katherine shrugged."He's an Original. They have all sorts of special skills.""I don't want you here. Get her out of here," Elena said.Katherine rolled her eyes. "You need me, Elena. You all do.""Like hell," Stefan spat."We all want the same thing...Klaus dead. Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off."Elena glared at her."I don't need your help and I don't want it.""And that's incredibly stupid of you. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?""If you know something, say it or get out," Damon ordered.Katherine sighed, walking to the door."Fine. Then I'll just go to the Grill and have some lunch...maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite."

Sometime later that day Damon was standing in the cellar of the Boarding House, trying to burn Elijah's corpse with a flame gun. It didn't seem to work however. Katherine walked in behind him."Mmm, burning flesh. If you're trying to get the dagger back, you're wasting your time. He's indestructible.""No kidding, Damon said, a grim expression on his face. "How do you know so much about Original vampires?"Katherine shrugged."Spent five hundred years running from one."Damon looked at her suspiciously."So when I told you my plan to kill Elijah, why didn't you warn me that I'd die if I used the dagger on him?""Oh, there's so many rules. It's all very confusing.""Did you know I would die?"She didn't answer, Instead she nodded at Elijah on the floor."Did Elijah tell you his plan? Did he have a dagger to kill Klaus with?""Why are you still here?" Damon asked, clearly annoyed with her."Because you haven't forcibly removed me."He pointed the flame gun at her."You wouldn't.""Oh, I would." "Damon, be smart," she panicked. "I want Klaus dead just as much as you do. More. If I wasn't be honest about helping, I'd be long gone by now, okay? You can hate me. But we want the same thing. And you know...I always get what I want."He lowered the flame gun and she made her way to the door, but stopped halfway and turned around."I wanted out of the tomb. Didn't matter who paid the price. Of course I knew that you'd die."

"She's out of the tomb?"Bonnie's eyes grew wide. Stefan nodded."Yeah. We're dealing with it, all right? Just be extra careful. She's gotten a little too good at impersonating Elena.""With Katherine still around, we gotta find a way to get your powers back," Jeremy said, looking at Bonnie. All three of them were assembled in the hallway of the Mystic Falls High School. "Listen, I want to get the Martins on our side. I want to figure out a way for us all to work together now that Elijah's out of the picture," Stefan said.Bonnie shook her head."It's impossible. They hate us.""It's either win them over or somebody's going to end up dead. You think you can at least convince them to have a civil conversation?"She sighed."I'll try."Stefan gave her a grateful look. "Thanks. Keep me posted."Then, he walked away.

After school Stefan and Bonnie met the Martin's at the Grill. "Thank you for coming," Stefan greeted them as they joined them at the table."I didn't want to but my son made a case to hear you out," Jonas Martin grumbled.His son Luka looked at Stefan."Bonnie said that you have information about Elijah."Stefan looked at Bonnie."Elijah's dead. I'm sorry."The Martin's stare at Bonnie in shock. Jonas stood up, ready to leave, but Stefan grabbed his shoulder."Hear me out. We can help you," he pleaded."We know that Klaus has your daughter," Bonnie told him. "I'm sorry about the way I had to get that information, but it's good that we know. We can all work together to get her back."Luka stared at her."How?"It was Stefan that answered."I suspect that you and Elijah had a plan to kill Klaus. Let us help you carry it out. You can trust us. I give you my word. We all do."Jonas looked at them skeptically."What about Marianne Porter?" he asked.Stefan and Bonnie frowned. "What has Marianne to do with this?" Bonnie asked.He gave her an indignant look."You have no idea what you did to her, do you?" He stood up, pulling his son with him,"By killing Elijah you signed her death sentence. I hope you can live with the guilt of killing an ally that was ready to do whatever it takes to keep the doppelgänger safe."With that he and Luka left the Grill, leaving behind a shocked and confused witch and vampire.