Sixteen

Sydney

I look at her super confused "What are you doing here Britney?" I ask and she looks up with a tears in her eyes "I...I need Joe" she says making me look over at him on the couch "It's for you" I say. He raises an eyebrow and walks over seeing her "Brit...what do you want?" he asks.

She sniffles and says "Joey please don't go to her" making my jaw drop and he shakes his head "I'm sorry Brit, but I want Sydney and you know this" he says. She scoffs "What's so great about her anyways" she says making my jaw drop even more. Joe shakes his head and walks Britney out talking to her.

-flashback-

I had one of the toughest days of my practicum to the point where I hid in the bathroom and cried for a good hour. So all I wanted to do was go to the football house for their party, drink my face off, and make out with my boyfriend. I was so desperate I didn't even dress up like I normally do. I just had on a cropped long sleeve black shirt, a pair of grey sweatpants, and my air forces.

I threw my hair up into a messy bun, I had left it natural for today so it's super curly, and took my contacts out and put my glasses on. Once I was satisfied with how I looked I walked myself to the football house, Delaney was already there with Ja'Marr and I said I'd meet her there, so excited to drink and see Joe.

I walked in the door and was immediately greeted by all the players Ja'Marr and Delaney are of course the first ones to say hi to me "There she is" Ja'Marr says making me laugh and hug them both "Joe is over at the keg" he says. I smile and nod going over to the kitchen first making myself a drink with a lot of tequila and then walk over to Joe.

He had just cut his beautiful long hair and now looked even sexier, I don't even know how that's possible, making me just admire him. He was currently talking to Britney who seemed to be flirting like crazy with him, Joe just wasn't interested. As I walk closer I hear her say "Why are you even with Sydney? I mean come on Joe! I'm way hotter" she says making my jaw drop.

Joe scoffs "That's exactly it Brit, because Sydney would never ever say that about anyone no matter who it is I love Sydney with everything in me and I am sorry you can't accept that but it's the truth" he says making her jaw drop and then she sees me and just glared. I smile at what he said and walk up to him making him look over and smile at me "And there she is looking beautiful as ever" He says pulling me into him kissing my head as I wrap my arms around his waist hugging him.

She rolls her eyes "Are you joking Joe? She's literally in sweats and has no makeup on I mean you could have at least tried with your appearance Syd" she says. Joe snaps his head to her "She doesn't need makeup or a slutty top like yours ok? She is fucking beautiful and if you're going to keep talking about her like that you can fucking leave" he snaps. My jaw drops at how he stood up for me and so did Britney's making her storm off.

He looks down at me "I'm sorry she said that babe, it's not true" he says and I shake my head "I don't care what she said about me the only thing I care about is how you stood up for me Joe" I say making him smile "I'll always stand up for you babe no matter what" he says as I smile and kiss his lips. I pull away and say "Not gonna lie, seeing you stand up for me was super hot" I say winking as he laughs "Oh yeah?" he asks picking me up and walking me up to his room avoiding everyone's remarks as I just laugh.

-end of flashback-

Before I know it Britney is glaring at me but walks away. I smile and then look at Joe "Sorry about her Syd" he says and I shake my head "Don't worry about it, kind of reminded me of when you stood up for me in college that one time" I say. He smirks "Oh yeah? Is it still just as hot?" he asks and I laugh nodding as he instantly picks me up and carries me to my room. I laugh holding on feeling him lay me down and we instantly start making out again.

Yeah, I'm glad to be trying this again with Joe.

______
A/N: Ohhhh! I promise more will happen! I wasn't sure about this chapter but she needed to be updated!

Please vote and comment! Love y'all!