50.

Vince

"You're the don Italian mafia."

Why the fuck am I nervous. 

Do I lie?  I never lie. 

Of course I know he's the police chief. I've done my share of research on her whole family. I have men in law enforcement that work for me, he would have to be stupid to not have known by now.

It wasn't like I was hiding it. They would get a cut and keep their mouths shut. 

"yes," I said emotionless but I couldn't help feeling like shit at the thought of his rejection. Why the fuck do I want to be accepted right now? People's opinions of me, I couldn't give a shit about. Until her. I want to be everything for her for the rest of her life. 

"She needs someone with power to protect her," her father said as he gripped the wheel tighter.

Relief washed over my body.

Thank God.

"She's my number one priority, you have my word that she's safe," I said. There's no fucking chance that she would be in danger or in harms way.

"I trust you, but if you fucking dare..."

...

"how was it," Vero asked holding my face in her tiny hands. My hands holding her thighs as she sat on my lap.

"He didn't crash the car or kill us so I would say it was fine," I said pressing a kiss to her lips.  "I missed you."

I did.

"You were gone for an hour, you couldn't have missed me that much."

"But I did," I groaned wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her closer so that her body would be flush perfectly against mine. 

"I hate PDA," Luca annoyingly screeched. 

"Leave them be, come help me set the table," Her mother said pulling Luca away thankfully.

"I wanna show you something," She said with a wide smile jumping up from my hold, and her simple excitement made me smile. 

"What?" I stood as she pulled my arm, or I let her think that she was pulling me. 

"Ahh h h h a! Nope! Just come," She said excitingly bringing me upstairs and to a hallway of closed doors, and I couldn't help but to just laugh. She brought me in front of one that had a "V" shaped with dried flowers. 

"Your room?"

"Mhm! Wait! Let me make sure it doesn't look like a complete disaster first." She gasped slipping behind the door and locking it. I stood in the hall as I heard her banging around opening drawers and banging them shut.

She looked out of breath as she opened the door with a smile a single strand of hair out of place for I to put back, "Okay! It's decent now!"

I pushed myself off the wall I leaned onto stepping into the blue and white room. It truly was the epitome of her. A large bay window that had bookshelves along the sides of it, looking onto the green yard behind her house. 

The bed was of course filled with colorful fuzzy blankets and stuffed animals. Picture collages and posters lined the walls and there of course was another pin board with ribbons that she ties in her hair. 

An idea flashing across my mind.

"Turn around for me," I whispered against her ear. Obediently she turned around waiting patiently, the slight movement of her legs rubbing against each other not going unnoticed.