32 } Vihaan's Engagement

Author's pov

''Bua sa.... I think.... we did wrong by leaving them alone. You shouldn't have locked them." Kalyani expressed her thoughts.

"Bhabhi is right Bua sa. Didn't you saw how those ladies were gossiping about Rehan and Kritika's absence?" Amulya nodded siding with Kalyani.

"Re... aaj sirf chaar log baat kar rhe the. Par kaal ko jab Vihaan ki shaadi hovegi tab chalis log baat karenge. Aisa na hove, isi vaste band kiya tha manne un dono ne."

( Today only four people were talking. But tomorrow when the wedding will take place, forty people will talk. To prevent this from happening, I locked both of them. )

"But how can you be sure Bua sa that it will work?" Amulya asked.

"Thaare muh se kabhi kuch accha na nikal sake hai ke?" Bua dadi kind of taunted. But it's not a new thing for Amulya. Their relation has always been like this. A little sweet and sour. She's habituated to Bua dadi's rantings and taunts because she knows Bua dadi doesn't mean those words. They are living Tom and Jerry of the house.

( Nothing good could ever come out of your mouth, right? )

After a successful interaction with Ahlawat's, they were returning back home. Bua dadi easily tricked all of them by saying that Rehan and Kritika are coming behind in another car. Whereas in reality, she locked them inside the mansion after giving a holiday to the house helps. No one knew the truth until they reached Ahlawat's residence.

Even after knowing the truth, no one has the guts to defy Bua dadi's orders. And why do they even need to do that when it will be nothing but a huge help in bringing the couple closer.

Entering the gates of Rathore Mansion, they all stepped down from the cars. Rathore men had a worried expression on their faces as they know how furious Rehan gets when he's troubled. Afterall....

A man who doesn't hesitate to fire the staff if they don't work according to him was locked inside against his will.

They don't know how to react except for worry about that innocent soul inside. On the another hand ladies were nervous because if it didn't turned out as Bua dadi's expectations, then she's going to play her next moves a level ahead.

The youngest trio was excited about the scene going to unfold, specially Amrita. She has seen the closeness between her Bhai sa and Bhabhi sa. And she couldn't wait for the day when her Bhai sa would turn into a love sick puppy and will stop scaring them with those black predatory eyes of his.

Bua dadi gestured Kalyani to open the gate which she did and stepped inside followed by others. The hall was in the same condition as earlier. Dimly lit and all silent. Bua dadi stepped forward to look around for the couple when her foot slipped a little. Kalyani and Amulya held her both hands to prevent her from slipping. That's when Vihaan took the initiative and switched on the main lights of the hall.

Kalyani looked downward and picked the cloth on which Bua dadi stepped accidentally. It was Rehan's dark blue shirt discarded like a tissue.

"Mom look there...." Amrita's overly excited voice fell in their ears.

Moving their heads in the direction she was pointing, they found an unexpected scene.

Rehan and Kritika were sleeping on the sofa with their bodies entangled. Kritika looked a little disheveled as her hair were freezy and saree was just hanging on her body. Thanks to Rehan's arms around her which were hiding her bare parts.