𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 36

𖥸 TW 𖥸

𖥸 TW 𖥸

Mattheo

¤ Day one after the miscarriage ¤

I hadn't slept much during the night, my mind replaying Aelys's torture by the Order and the miscarriage again and again. I felt so much anger and sadness for what they had done to my girl. Not once had I let go of her. I had hugged her tight every second, stroking her hair soothingly and slowly caressing her back to help keep the nightmares away, but it still didn't work. She has had them all night, waking up multiple times, terrified, screaming and crying.

It was now morning and I had only slept for maybe 3 hours at most. My eyes landed on my wife and my heart broke even more when I saw how she was blankly staring at the wall, her head resting on my chest.

"Morning my love." I whispered, kissing the top of her head. "Are you in any pain today ?"

She sighed and nodded, not saying anything. I conjured a potion and helped her to sit up. She drank it and kissed my cheek to thank me, then laid back down on me. I hugged her tight and stroked her back, knowing we weren't leaving the bed anytime soon.

¤ Day two after the miscarriage ¤

We had in fact not moved from the bed, except to use the restroom and take a quick shower. I had asked her if she was still in pain and she had mumbled a little 'less'. She has had nightmares again but she hadn't screamed waking up this time. She had only cried, holding onto me desperately like she was afraid I was going to leave her, which wasn't going to happen. Ever.

This time, I had taken the opportunity of her being asleep to let some tears run down my cheeks. I was still furious and wanted to avenge our baby, but I was starting to feel the pain of the loss more. I had never thought of having kids until I learned about our arranged marriage and that she had to carry my heir. I had to admit I was terrified to become a father considering I didn't have a good example. But the more I got to fall in love with Aelys, the more I loved the idea of having children with her. Yes, I was still scared to be a shitty father, but I wanted to become one with her by my side.

I wanted to leave Hogwarts and hunt down every single member of the Order, but I knew my girl needed me more than ever. I couldn't leave her and go on a rampage. I would murder them all once the pain will be more bearable for the both of us.

A soft knock on the door made me look up before frowning. I took a glance at my lovely wife to see she was still asleep, her hand holding my shirt in a fist, preventing me from leaving her. I mumbled the unlocking charm and Pansy peaked her brunet head through the door, not completely opening it, as if she was afraid to bother us. Her saddened eyes fell on her cousin before moving to me. She mouthed 'how is she holding up ?' and I just shook my head, my lips pressing in a thin line as I looked at my girl again.