𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 37

𖥸 TW 𖥸

𖥸 TW 𖥸

Aelys

I had asked Mattheo to finally start my training in hand and knife combat. I was still grieving our baby and I felt like shit, but the Dark Lord's words had made me so angry. I wanted revenge. Blaming me was one thing, but him accusing me of being at fault for the miscarriage was another thing. No one but me had the right to put me down like that.

Theo wasn't keen on starting the training so soon after all that had happened. He thought I needed more time to fully heal, well at least physically. We both knew it would take time to heal our hearts from this loss. But after a lot of convincing, he agreed. He knew we didn't have as much time as we wanted before the war fully started.

Theo had received a letter the very next day after our encounter with his Father. After the Order's attack, the Dark Lord wanted to accelerate things. He had given us until Christmas break to find the moles, finish repairing the cabinet and kill Dumbledore. Considering it was now November, it gave us really little time to do all this.

We both knew that once Dumbledore was dead, the Order would slowly fall apart and only Potter would be on his way to stop him from finally winning the war. Considering he was just a child that didn't know any powerful spells, we all knew the Dark Lord's victory was close.

I had always been devoted to Voldemort because of my Father, that was no secret. But he was still a horrible human being. I had never doubted he would win the war but I couldn't say I was happy about it. Only Merlin knew how dark the wizarding world was going to be once he would lead it. Thankfully, as Mattheo's wife, I would be protected somehow. My love would do everything to ensure I was untouchable. After what the Order had done to me, to us, he had promised me I would never be in danger ever again. And I trusted him, I knew he was going to keep his promise.

I was snapped out of thoughts when a sharp pain in my ribs made me gasp and stumble. My hands flew to my aching area and I glared at my husband. His face was blank of emotions, fully engulfed in his role as a teacher.

"You're not focused. Again." He spat.

He balled his fists and lunged at me, ready to throw another punch but aiming for my face this time. I dodged it and kicked his leg with my foot. His knees bent but he quickly composed himself before he could fall to the ground. I smiled, proud of myself, but that made me lose focus and in seconds, his arms were around my body, blocking my arms from moving. I tried to escape his hold but he was too strong. I was regretting telling him to not hold back on me.

"You need to focus, darling." He whispered in my ear, causing shivers to run down my spine.

My breath hitched as one of his hands went to my stomach. We hadn't been intimate since the miscarriage and I wasn't ready to be, but my body still craved his touch. He understood and gave me time, but he also knew I couldn't stop my body from reacting to his touch. Hence the fact he was using it as a distraction everytime we trained.