5

i was roused by the faint sunlight pouring in through the open curtains.

i stared at the rising sun as it cast light through the dark blue sky, knowing i wouldn't get back to sleep.

not in Felix's bed, at least.

i'd always been a relatively light sleeper, and i knew it was something that would never change.

Felix still slept beside me, shirtless, his toned chest rising and falling with each deep breath.

he had his arm around me and my dark hair fanned over his torso.

i turned and stared at the ceiling, snippets of the events of last night replaying in my head like photographs.

we'd left the party hand in hand, practically running to his room, passing students and teachers and ghosts alike.

there had been younger students in the common room, up past their bedtime, and we'd burst out laughing as we took the stairs two at a time.

"look, their head girl is setting a perfect example already!" Felix called as we dashed for his room.

i threatened to push him down the stairs and he pinned me against the wall to kiss me.

once in his room, he'd removed his shirt, my dress, his trousers, my underwear then his.

we'd ended up in his bed in a passionate frenzy, touching and kissing each other all over.

last night had been hot and raw and wild.

it somehow brought up memories from when we were fifteen, meeting up late at night in the clock tower for our 'midnight rendezvous' as Bella called them.

Felix looked peaceful when he slept and it was hard to believe he was the same person as last night.

he was a good guy, nice, funny, but i hated mornings after, the whispered conversations and soft kisses.

i sighed and slowly untangled our limbs as gently as i could.

i knew Felix was a heavy sleeper but i didn't want to risk waking him.

i glanced at the clock on his desk, which read 4.13.

at least i'd be able to get a bit more sleep before school began.

i grabbed his cloak off the back of his door and gathered last night's outfit, hunting around for my underwear.

i turned back, wondering if i should leave a note.

i grabbed a sheet of paper and a quill off the desk.

last night was fun
A x

i stared at the writing, cringed internally, then snatched the paper off the desk, rethinking, then shoving it in my pocket.

i wasn't looking for long term commitment, and i was afraid that after his eighteen-month long relationship with Tonks, Felix would be.

i opened the door quietly and snuck out, intending to return his cloak later on.

the corridor was quiet, but i thought i could hear rustling downstairs.

great.

i was creeping down the stairs when i heard footsteps and froze, wondering who was walking upstairs towards me at this time of the morning.

a figure rounded the corner.

Tom.

of-fucking-course it was.

he stood on the stairs, fully dressed in his uniform even though school didn't begin for another four hours.

he didn't seem at all fazed or even faintly surprised to see me.

"have fun with Rosier?" he looked me up and down, taking in the borrowed robes with a sour expression.

"lots, actually." i answered curtly. "how was Amy Carrow?"

"then why are you sneaking out of his dorm at four in the morning?" he ignored my question. "regretting last night?"

"why are you sneaking around school fully dressed at four in the morning?" i countered.

"i had stuff to do."

"as always."

"you've got a mark on your neck." he pointed out sourly.

i became painfully aware of the little distance between us and squeezed past him, eager to return to my own bed.

"Aura,"

i halted, heart beginning to pound.

"yeah?"

he stared at me for a long while, the only sound was the ticking of the clock.

he had a strange look on his face, a mix of confusion and thoughtfulness.

"Slughorn wants us to talk to the first years this morning about homework."

"oh," i said flatly. "okay,"

"goodnight."

"night,"

Bella was in my bed when i got back and woke at the sound of the door closing.

like me, she was a light sleeper.

"hello you," she grinned knowingly, rolling over to face me.

"what are you doing here," i half-laughed.

"get into bed, baby girl." she wiggled her eyebrows. "tell me everything."

i sighed, unable to hide my grin as i unfastened Felix's cloak, revealing his shirt.

"two-in-one," she breathed. "legendary."

i climbed into bed beside her, giving her a full rundown of the night.

my story was interrupted by her 'oohs' and 'ahhs' and excited gasps as i showed her the marks he'd left behind.

"then i ran into Tom on my way here," i finished.

"what the hell is he doing up at this time?" she frowned. "did he say anything to you?"

i nodded. "he asked if i had fun last night and if i was regretting it now."

"why would you be?"

"exactly,"

"so what now?"

"what do you mean?" i yawned.

"with you and Felix,"

"nothing, Bella." i rolled my eyes. "there is no 'me and Felix.'"

"but Aura!" she cried. "he's so lovely!"

"i know but i like how it is between us at the minute. nothing serious, no strings attached, just fun."

Bella buried her face in the pillow and fake cried. "you break my heart,"

"you love me," i pulled one of her dark ringlets.

"too right, you saucy little minx," she side eyed me. "Rosier is one lucky bastard."

i stuck my tongue out at her and pulled the covers up around myself.

"i've got to talk to the first years in the morning so i'm going to get some sleep," i declared.

"boring," she drawled. "sleep tight, though."

"love you, Bells."

she lent over and kissed my cheek. "love you more, A."