chapter 3 • 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦. ⭒

— ✞ ᴄᴀᴘᴛɪᴠᴇ

chapter 3 • truly gone

chapter 3 • truly gone. ⭒
╰────────╯
daenys' pov
╭────────╮

       As I lay on my disheveled bed, I flinched at sudden sound of the door. I observed the tall man and I sense his hesitation upon entering as he stopped in his steps.

But just as he had promised, he had returned. With a confident stride, he pushed the door open using his back, effortlessly maneuvering into the room. In his hands, he carried a plate of food, the aroma wafting through the air and instantly capturing my attention.

I watched as he walked around the room- staring at the food, of course. He looked around the room with a grin and a scoff.

I knew why. The room bore the marks of my recent tantrum, a chaotic scene that mirrored the frustration within me. The table, now toppled over, scattered its contents across the floor. The sheets, once neatly arranged, were now across the room.

I felt his judgy stare travel to my hair. It was styled in a tight bun not long ago, and it now had succumbed to the chaos, falling loose in a messy and frizzy cascade, exposing my blonde locks.

His eyes locked onto mine, a hint of amusement dancing in his gaze. "You were in quite the mood," he taunted, slowly making his way towards me. "... Interrupting our dinner."

Rolling my eyes, I retorted sarcastically, "Interrupting your dinner?" I observe him up and down. "Oh, how could I possibly care?"

But deep down, how could he expect me to remain calm? They had kidnapped me, torn me away from everything I knew. They had mercilessly taken the life of my best friend, leaving me with nothing but grief and anger. And now, they had the audacity to be upset with me for lashing out, for destroying my prison? I wanted out.

I raised an eyebrow, my voice dripping with rage as I continued, "Get out."

"Listen, I'm just doing my job... You can either let me give you food," he gestured towards the plate of meat and bread, "or we give it to the unfortunate."

I grinned, tilting my head slightly. "Oh, so you don't consider your own house unfortunate? Having to resort to... robbing for your own wealth?"

He didn't seem bothered by my statement, instead he balanced the plate in his left hand then made his way to the table. Without any struggle, he picked the table up and placed the food upon it. "We have to do what we are told to do."

I squinted at him, my eyebrows furrowing and my blue eyes piercing through his annoyance. It was clear that he had reached his limit with my attitude.