Larry's Little kitten (l.s one shot)

James invited Harry and Louis as well as some of his other friends for a fun and light-hearted lunch. Everything was going well and good but then they both ended up at the hospital.

Louis William Tomlinson is quite a sass-master and though he may be sassy and unapologetic, he's also one of the kindest folks you'll ever meet. He appreciates a good joke now and then but when people get on his nerves and tease him and make fun of his physical attributes, more specifically; his height. He always knew how to fire back with a sassy quip.

After lunch, everyone moves to the outdoor space of the house and gets busy gossiping and stuff. The sun is up but the weather is still pleasant and comfortable. The sound of soft music playing in the background and chatting provides a delightful environment. Harry is sitting there being kind and all smiley, having simple talks with anyone while Louis is busy with his own friends and mutuals as he stirs the glass in his hand.

Harry's head turns to Louis when he hears his voice carried by a loud laugh.

"wanna bet? I am very speedy, you know?" Louis says as his fellows tease him.

Harry frowns not knowing what they are on but he goes to Louis and stands beside him when a guy starts calling out everyone.

"What's going on?" He asks him in a whisper.

"A race." He replies.

"A race?" Harry frowns.

"They think, they can win against me just because I'm short... I need to prove them wrong."

Harry sighs and shakes his head. "You know you don't have to do it just to prove them?"

"Harold!" Louis fake gasps. "Do you think I'm gonna lose?"

"I never said that," Harry rolls his eyes.

Louis sweetly smiles at him, his eyes almost shutting.
"You, my love, just hold my beer and enjoy the race." He says, handing him his glass and walking away as the race is about to start.

The garden is approximately 30 metres long. They decide that the one end of the garden will be the scratch line and the rear end will be the finish line.

"The first one to touch the wall will be the winner." A guy says, seeming more than excited ever. He then smirks at louis.
Louis keeps a straight face, not showing much of his expression as they take their positions.

"on the count of three. "

one. two... three!

Louis starts dashing as others do the same. Shouting started and the names of the sprinters were being yelled.
Harry places the glass down and intensely watches, especially Louis who is at the very first. His celerity is actually so high that his body doesn't slow down when he gets near to the wall. His palms make contact with the wall and his body jerks back from the impact and he falls to the ground.

Harry immediately slaps his palm over his eyes. He already knew something was about to happen. When there is louis, there is a happening but little did he know it's even worse this time. Nothing like slipping into the pool when one day Louis and some of his mates were drunk and tried walking in a straight line on the edge of the pool or trying new skateboard tricks in front of his friends but end up falling on ground, that caused him a minor backache.

Harry sprints to where the lads are now crowded.

"You see I won, I told you, I told you!" Louis stands up and suddenly feels a sharp pain in his wrist, causing him to yelp but that doesn't stop him from shading them.

"So now.. I thought I was shorty? I beat you. It must mean that you're shorter than me, right?" Harry hears his sarcastic tone as he gets near them.

The guy, who challenged Louis, laughs breathlessly and pats on his shoulder.