Chapter 8: The back of my house

"Joey..." Isac said. "We can fix this"

Another tear fell down my cheek. "How?" I looked up at my love.

"We'll get away from all this" he said.

"How?" I asked once again.

"We'll run away"

Isac sat on my bed while I packed some stuff into my backpack. We were going to run away, tonight.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" I asked as I stuffed two different PJ's into the backpack. "What will everyone say?"

Isac stood up and approached me until we were about four inches away with our faces. "I don't care what they will say" he pecked my lips.

I sighed and turned around. "Isac, why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?" he said and went around the backpack on my nighstand to face me.

"You're about to run away with me, why?"

Isac was quiet for a moment, looking down. He looked like he wanted to pick the right answer. "Anything you want to do, or makes you feel better, I'll do" he said and then looked up at me again. "That's how much I love you"

I awed in my head, Isac was the cutest boyfriend ever. Not that I'd ever had another boyfriend, but I liked this feeling. Having someone who cares about you.
"I love you too" I smiled, and I could feel my cheeks warming up.

As Isac sat back down on my bed, I hesitated. "What about Jai?"

"Who's Jai?" Isac asked.

"Like my only friend" I dropped the T-shirts I was holding on the floor and suddenly felt like crying.

"Heyheyhey, just text him" Isac said. "Don't get upset, I'm sure he'll understand. We can meet him now if you want to" Once again, Isac stood up and hugged me. Oh, how much I loved that boy!

It took me about fifteen minutes to pack my makeup, hair accessories and all the money I could find in my room. I even called Jai telling him about what we were about to do.

"What!?" he'd answered when I told him. "What about school? What about everything?"

I giggled. "Yeah, about that..." I paused. "Can you please tell the teachers that I'm sick?

"Do you want me to tell them that you're sick everyday!?"

"Mhm" I nodded.

"Fine, but it's not my problem if they find you guys, alright?"

I smiled. "Sure. See ya, Jai"

"See ya, Joey. Take care!"

"Will do" I said and hung up. Jai was a good friend. He didn't want to drag everything out by saying that I could get hurt or that there are bad people out there, he knew what I wanted and why I wanted it. He kind of understood the situation I was in.

So, when you're running away you need to think about quite a lot, like clothes, food, where you're going to stay and other things. The two last named things you need money to do. Isac had told me that he'd pay for everything and that I didn't need to bring any money. That was generous of him, but I still wanted to contribute with something.

"But what about your parents?" I asked for the last time when we were about to walk out of my bedroom.

"Doesn't matter, they won't be mad" Isac said confidently, then he hesitated: "I hope"

I chuckled a bit at that, but then quickly became serious again. "When will we be back?"

"Whenever we feel like it, baby" Isac said leaning in to kiss my cheek.