Truth

after meeting an adeptus, the Moon carver. he lent aether his aid and protected him from the millelith soldiers.

furthermore, upon learning about the death of the rex lapis' and the unjust accusations against aether, the moon carver expressed contempt for Qixing's actions.

he then sent Aether to find some other adeptus and deliver a message to them.

entering a building that looked like an inn, Paimon and Aether were greeted by the receptionist.

Paimon: oh, so this is the whangsu inn... *looks around* compared to the jueyun karst, this place seems ordinary *sighs*

Aether: you never know what's going to happen next, paimon

and so, after a hard trials. they managed to get the help of two adeptus, leaving only the cloud retainer.

----

C.retainer: the time has come... can you handle the truth... or perhaps... *looks at the sky*

a large tree in the middle of a lake(?) with a stone tablet under the tree.

Paimon: whoaaa... so this is the place xiao was talking about... *amazed*

Aether: somehow this place is calming...

they slowly entered the place and arrived right under the tree.

Paimon: *looks at the stone table* huh? what is this?

Aether: hm? here sits guizhong...

Paimon: and here sits rex... rex? oh! is that a rex lapis?

Aether: seems like. and here... huh?

Paimon: what's wrong, aether?

Aether: a mask?

right at the corner of the table, there was a white mask with some black lines and red dot.

Paimon: hm? Looks like a normal mask to paimon...

Aether: *picks up the mask* I can feel a strange energy in it... similar to when I fought with dvalin... *mumbles*

???: is that an intruder? or perhaps a brave one? entering the adepti's domain like your own playground...

a female voice sounded from behind. when they turned around, a white crane appeared and stood right in front of them.

Aether: uhhh, so you must be the cloud retainer, huh? *shows a sigil* please take a look at this...

with that, aether told what happened to the cloud retainer. as detailed as possible.

surprisingly, out of the four adepts... she wasn't surprised by the death of the rex lapis.

C.retainer: hmm... one has indeed realized your problem. and that's that!

Paimon: yeah....

C.retainer: you have one aid. both in battle and knowledge. one is really disappointed with qixing... what a disappointment *scoffs*

Paimon: yes! we finally got all their help. now you are free from false accusations *giggles*

Aether: so, what should we do next?

C.retainer: there's only one way. fight-

Paimon: oi oi oi! why are all the adeptus only thinking about fighting!? we're not fighting... it would be nice if you guys talked about it, right?

C.retainer: *sighs* little one... you'll know how wrong your words are... someday.

Paimon: ughh... paimon is not small! *pout*

Aether: by the way... may we ask one last question?

C.retainer: *grin* what is it?

he then showed the white mask lying on the stone table.

Aether: this... is yours?

instantly the atmosphere changed drastically. the air became tense and there was no sound except for the wind and the sound of water.

C.retainer: why do you ask?

Aether: uhh, because... somehow I feel familiar with this mask... or maybe not *awkward smile*

C.retainer: hoo? this mask does have something to do with you... but can you handle the truth?

Paimon: it has something to do with aether...?

Aether: what truth? all adeptus including you talk about the truth... but what is it?

C.retainer: your fate...

silence. the usual answer you get from adeptus :^

aether just stood there, doing nothing but lost in deep thought.

after some time, he looked at the cloud retainer with a face that said "I'm ready"

Aether: if this is true as you say... then i want to know the truth...

and... the c.retainer told aether about the forsaken tale of the Demon God.

an unknown god who appeared 2,000 years ago out of nowhere and began slaughtering other gods in the archon wars.

he had powers that could summon dragons. had an aura that could bend reality to his will. but the most important part was...

C.retainer: he is the master of teyvat

Aether/Paimon: what!? *shocked*

C.retainer: yes. the demon god himself is the owner of the world you are currently living in.

Aether: w-wait! this demon god is the same one venti was talking about, right?

C.retainer: venti... ah, yes. you're right. now what are you going to do?

Aether: i don't see anything... yet.

C.retainer: since this is just the beginning...

Aether: there is more?

C.retainer: yes. and this truth... you don't want to know...

Paimon: hm? why?

C.retainer: because this demon god is the one who turns your wheel of fate. traveler, your journey... starts with him... and ends with him too *stern*

Aether: fate...

C.retainer: he is the one who started your journey... and will end your journey. his name....

tension builds up... aether wants the truth. he is the one who caused Aether to be separated from his sister.

???: it was me...

a voice sounded behind them. the familiar voice.

when they turned around, it was obvious... the answer was in front of them.

Rimuru: I am the Demon God, aether *smile*

-------

aether... hehehehehe-ahem. sorry🙃
enjoy🥖