Chapter Twenty-Six

150⭐️ for the next chapter please?

⭐️

The night had finally dawned after their long day together, the two women had arrived back from walking around the city all day—Alexia touring Veronica around, saying that "she needed the full experience".

Not so secretly, Alexia knew that she used it as an excuse to spend longer with the brunette, enjoying their time together.

"Finally home..." Veronica sighed in relief, practically collapsing on to the settee which caused the Barcelona captain to laugh as Nala growled then jumped off.

"Home? Is that what this is?"

Veronica's eyes widened and sat up tensely, "No! I didn't mean... Not home, I meant—" She tried to ignore the growing smirk across Alexia's lips, which caused her to stutter helplessly, "Leave me alone, Putellas."

"You're at home now, don't be nervous." The captain grinned, stroking Nala as the small dog jumped up on to the settee.

"I can't help it," Veronica muttered under her breath, watching Alexia who didn't hear what the brunette had said—laughing cutely at Nala, who circled around her lap.

"What was that?" Alexia looked up, furrowing her eyebrows but blushing when she noticed the look on Veronica's face, the woman stuck in a trance as she awed at the blonde, "Vero..."

"I'm tired, is it okay if I...?"

Veronica had never asked permission off of Alexia Putellas, though she was past the point of humiliation and instead, found a new but welcoming comfort within her presence.

She hadn't felt that way since her ex-girlfriend, Ellie Carpenter—remembering the woman from the final between Barcelona and Olympique Lyonnais.

As she was half way up the stairs, Veronica's steps halted when her wrist was enveloped by Alexia's strong hand, gently tugging her to turn around.

"What are you...?"

"Stay with me tonight," Alexia stated confidently, standing tall though the brunette was a step ahead of her and looked down on a nervous Veronica, "If...If you want."

Veronica stood there dumbfounded, her mouth parted and eyes slightly wide—but, Alexia took this as a rejection and winced, "Sorry... I shouldn't have asked—I misunders—"

"Yes." The brunette curtly answered, grinning widely at Alexia's now dumbfounded expression and continued up the stairs, leaving the captain behind.

Stepping one foot in to Alexia's bedroom caused her to gulp, eyes flickering around at the room that had a plain white bed in the centre, with minimal decoration.

Though, there were pictures hung on the hall in the corner, one picture caught her attention the most.

2012, December 7th.

"You were a sore loser that day," An amused voice behind the brunette caused her to jump, holding her chest in fright as she turned, "If I recall... You still are."

"It's not my fault you were coach's favourite." Veronica shrugged, knowing that it was really because she hated losing, no... she despised losing anything.

It was a part of her all or nothing mentality.

Even losing at a video game, or game of cards would send her in to a spiral of questioning her own self-worth, and talent.

"You also hated losing, Bonita." Alexia deadpanned with a big grin, standing beside the brunette to look at the picture as well.

"If I recall... you admitted that I was the best." Veronica teased cockily, nudging the captain with her elbow causing her to roll her eyes.