[12] Watching You

So... it's been a while >.>

_________

Chapter Twelve            

They sat at the table, eating dinner in silence.  Dylan’s face was blank as he robotically shoved food into his mouth.  I wanted to cry again for what I had done, yet I couldn’t.  It had been two weeks since I had been watching Dylan cry then stare blankly.  Every time he could, he’d cry until his tears ran dry.  He still went about his normal life though.  He went to school, took down notes... you wouldn’t know anything was wrong... if you hadn’t seen him when I made him happy.               

I couldn’t think of anything I could do.               

“Dylan sweety, it’s time to move on.  Anna’s dead,” Kaila whispered to her son, putting a hand on his.       

He threw it off almost immediately, and with a fleeting glare he walked back to his room.               

I watched as he stared at the wall in anger, until he started to cry again.               

“You’ve got to come back to me, Dylan,” I told him, wishing I could run my fingers through my hair.              

A brief moment occurred again where he snapped back to reality and looked at me.  “Anna,” he whispered.  Then in an instant, he was crying again, demanding me to come back.               

“That is it Dylan!” I shouted, standing up and yelling into his face.  “Grow up already!  I’m here!  You have nothing to cry about!  Wake up to this already!  I’m not worth the tears!”               

Yet he still didn’t listen.  So I stormed out of the house.               

“Anna, don’t give up,” Alex whispered when I walked past him, but I didn’t want to hear it.               

I walked onto the street and screamed my lungs out as I walked down the road.               

“Let me out of this already!  Why can’t I just move on?” I shrieked at the sky, then collapsed to the ground.                

Someone crouched down next to me and I let out a frustrated sigh.               

“Go away Alex.  I want to be alone.”               

“My name is not Alex,” the voice answered.               

My head whipped to the right as my eyes locked on a pair of blue eyes.  I recognised this person from somewhere.  Then suddenly all the pieces fell into place as I realised he was the guy now living in my house.  

“So you killed yourself over the end of your first relationship?” the guy concluded.               

Resting my head in my hands I shook my head in disbelief of my own actions.  “I know, it’s pathetic.  If only I realised then that there would be other people.  Now I realise how much I stuffed up.”               

The room fell quiet.  I lifted my head and studied his face.  He seemed lost in thought.  He was stroking the stubble on his chin.  He looked about in his forties.  Glasses sat on the end of his nose and he wore a beanie.               

“Hey...” I started, “How come you can see me?”               

He looked into my eyes and smiled at me.  “My wife and I got divorced about two years ago.”