Chapter 4: It's Not Fate

Ready for this chapter? We are starting to get into the real story, but please I ask you to remember every word or even action they take and don't decide early because this story is like a rollercoaster, you might make the wrong decision if you are not patient enough.

***

His mother had been in the hospital for a week and finally, the doctor allowed her to go home. Jieun's weak condition meant she had to always go back to the hospital for treatment. But discussing treatment means she needs a lot of money.

"Eomma, are you okay? You can stay at the hospital, I think that's better," Hoseok said.

"Yes Eomma, I also think you would be better off in the hospital, I mean they will do their best if you are there," Jin said.

"Aish, did you think being there was free? We don't have much money, working is tiring and I know how tiring it is to work, and you both have passed a lot of your youth for me," Jieun said.

"What did you say, Eomma? Everything we do is because we love you," Hoseok said.

"I know, and Hoseok, Jin," Jieun said.

"Yes Eomma," They answered at the same time.

"I love you both, I'm so scared that this is torturing me," Jieun said.

"What's wrong Eomma? Is this about your health? Please don't worry, Jin and I will do our best," Hoseok said.

"No sweetheart, this is not about my health, this is about you and your lil brother," Jieun said.

"Me and Jin?" Hoseok said.

"Yes, you're both adults, but I've never seen you bring anyone home, a friend or someone special," Jieun said.

"Eomma, what are you talking about?" Jin said.

"Jin, you are big now, and you Hoseok, it's time for you to have a special relationship with the person of your choice," Jieun said.

"Eomma, I don't think we need to discuss it now, this is—"

"Are you sure we still have time to talk about it later?" Jieun said.

"Eomma!" Hoseok said he felt that his mother had gone too far.

"Listen to me, everyone who lives will die in time, maybe if it weren't for my health, I would have died in another way and so would you two, but Hoseok, Jin, we always live together in this house, with my age being no longer young And my health is no longer good, I'm sure your father would also want the best if he were still alive, I just want to see you and Jin get married before I die, that's all," Jieun said.

"Eomma, the most important thing is your health," Hoseok said.

"No, for me, the most important thing is the happiness of my sons, both of you," Jieun said.

A month passed

After that discussion, Jin and Hoseok remained focused on their work and Jieun's health, but that didn't mean they ignored their mother's words.

"Hyung, are you okay? You've been daydreaming a lot lately," Jin said, he saw Hoseok who was pensive near the cashier's desk. Luckily the cafe was quiet so they could talk for a while.

"I don't know, I was thinking about what Eomma said at that time," Hoseok said.

"What? About marriage?" Jin said and Hoseok nodded.