(Lightbrush) 🩵 Pumpkin pie and distractions

Paintbrush was in the kitchen for quite a while now, cans and Tupperware containers placed delicately on the counter in front of them. They were listening to something that sounded familiar, though too slow to be music in Lightbulb's taste. She and Fan both noticed what they'd been doing for a while, Though Fan didn't want to bother. Lightbulb was extremely curious as always and walked up to them with an excited jump. She expected Fan to follow, but he got distracted and disappeared around the corner.

She stood alone for a moment, wondering why he wouldn't want to come with her. 'Paintbrush surely won't be bothered with some company... right?' She thought looking at the tiny red thing behind her, even though it was a crab and couldn't do telekinesis. Eventually, she just shrugged and began walking closer to the tall object in the kitchen with Baxter scurrying behind her.

She stood at the edge of the kitchen briefly before picking up Baxter in her arms. Now she could tell that he had probably been in the kitchen earlier that night. With a laugh, Lightbulb blew the bit of flower off his face and then put him back on the floor.

"Painty!" She hugged them from behind.
Paintbrush jumped and turned around while taking a headphone out.
"WHAT THE—!" They stopped and sighed. "Hey, Lightbulb..."
"Hi!!!"
She remained hugging onto Paintbrush as they picked her up and put her on the adjacent countertop.
"Why are you in here?"
"I was bored and you looked lonely!" She nodded excitedly.
"I'm not lonely," Paintbrush picked up the crab off the floor, handing him to Lightbulb. "I'm just slightly busy."
"With what?"

Paintbrush stopped talking and just raised an eyebrow at her.
"What does it look like I'm doing."
"Cooking?" Lightbulb crooked slightly to the right.
"Baking, actually." They put their hands on their sides with accomplishment.
"Cool!" She looks at the instructions next to her. "Can me and Baxter be of assist—"
"Absolutely not."
"Why not!" Lightbulb whined.

Paintbrush sighs. "Cause you can't really follow instructions."
"We can!" She looks down at the crab. "Right, Baxter?" Baxter just blinks in Paintbrush's direction.
"How about this," they start looking around at their workstation. "You make sure your crab doesn't get in my way again."
Lightbulb looks at Paintbrush then down at Baxter and then back up at Paintbrush before shaking her head. Baxter follows with a very slow blink. Paintbrush knows that if they don't say yes she'll end up helping anyway. They sigh and then help her off the counter.
"You can... do something with putting the crust in the tin thing. Ok?" They look at Baxter who's still in her hands. "And you have to put down the crab."
Lightbulb pouts for a second, then puts Baxter in the sink.

Paintbrush goes back to the stand mixer in the corner of the kitchen. There's nothing in it at the moment. They cleaned up the leftover stuff from the crust dough, leaving Lightbulb and the sink crab to their own devices.

Lightbulb looks at the instructions for a split second. She eventually decides to just wing it and punches the dough on the table.
"Be careful, the pans are old." Paintbrush turns her over to them. "Could be sharp."
"Got it!"
Lightbulb turns back to the dough, punching it again with a laugh. Baxter stumbles his way out of the sink and fumbles to the floor, getting back on his feet right after.

After making it mostly thin with only her hands she grabs the rolling pin. She smooths the flat dough out quickly, not checking the size or thickness. Baxter gets tossed a quick peace of the raw crust before she begins to put the dough in the tin.

The tins are old, having some wear on the sides, and one part chipped. It's not old enough where it's not functional, just requires some caution. Lightbulb can't focus on the state of the pan.

"Ouch!" She jumps back from her station, stumbling over the crab behind her. There's a small cut in her finger, only slightly bigger than a paper cut. It's big enough to draw blood (I think they have blood at least in their limbs, Idfk).
"Lightbulb!" Paintbrush helps her up from the floor with a worried expression. "Are you ok?"
"Mhm!" Lightbulb smiles, wincing from a bit of pain as she touches her finger again.
"I told you to be careful!"
"I know! But I just couldn't focus."
"As always..." Paintbrush groans. "I'll take it from here, thanks for the help."
Lightbulb doesn't leave the kitchen, simply picking Baxter up off the floor. She moves back beside Paintbrush.
"Are you mad?" She asks.
"What? No."
Lightbulb looks up at them with a confused expression.
"I'm more upset that you got hurt than anything."
Paintbrush sighs again, then pats Baxter on the head.
"Thanks, Painty!"
Lightbulb forgets about her injury pretty quickly, going back to sitting on the counter.

"You never told me what you were making!"
"Yes, I did." Paintbrush doesn't look at her on the counter, cutting off the excess off the pie tin. They quickly slide it into the oven.
"What? I don't remember."
"Really?" They roll their eyes. "It's pumpkin pie. Someone else was gonna do it before Halloween, but I stupidly offered."
"That's not stupid!" Lightbulb smiles. "You are having fun! right?"
"Of course I am."

Paintbrush moves away from the oven and stands next to Lightbulb and Baxter.
"That's good!"
"Totality," they smile up at her. "It was boring just listening to music."
"Good! Nice to know I'm not being a distraction." She laughs.
"Oh, you are."
"Hm?"
"You are the best distraction, trust me."
————————-
This wasn't too shipy, but I enjoyed writing it. Luv y'all.

My powers out LMAO

It's back, we chillin.

Also here was the Insta post for this chapter