(TeakettlexLifering, ii)🩵

A/N: this has taken me so long, I've deleted it about 7-8 times. At this point it's a Hail Mary. Sorry it's taken me so long. I feel really bad about it cause this was my first request I've done. The main problem was how I couldn't find any references for how this ship functions. This also takes place in the same au as my full nickloon fic (sorry).

Request by katsubat

Lifering pov:
———-———

I quickly slide open the glass door at the back of the house, it sticks as it slides across the pull and I slightly have to push it to open. The door squeaks fully open and slips on the edge with a slam. I jump from the loud noise and walk inside putting my bag and water bottle on the counter. There's a noticeable cake stand next to my stuff, I think about looking at what's under it but I don't.

"TeaK? Hello?"

The house echos and there's no response from her. I can tell she's been up from this morning. The coffee in the pot is gone and everything has been cleaned, even the glass door I had to push open from the backyard. The kitchen smells like dark coffee and lemon cleaner. It's warm, contrasting the morning freeze outside.

Leaving the door open, I walk further inside the house. The sounds of birds continue, most are very quiet still. Cold air comes through the open door making me shiver.

"Hello?"

It's silent inside. Not a single sound comes through the hallways, strange for the usual mood; not warm and calm.

"TeaKettle?"

"Mhm!"

She comes out from around the corner with her coffee mug in her hand, there's a familiar warm smile on her face.

"How was the run?" She asks.

"Great!"

"Anything happen this time?"

Moving to sit on the chair under the island, I tell her about everything, every little detail. She stares at me with a happy expression while I detail how I was stopped by a squirrel crossing my path and the bright yellow car that I had to stop for.

"I swear that car coulda been a school bus. Same color!"

TeaK moves to sit next to me. She puts her coffee in front of her and leans on crossed arms. The smile doesn't leave her face.

"Sounds nice hun."

"Yeah," I smile back and we fade into comfortable silence.

We moved in with each other quickly after invitational. It's quite a small place, but at least it's close to some of the other people. We live together in this 1 bedroom house, but it's comfortable. Neighborhoods nice at least. It's good to run in too.

"So.. What's with the cake stand?" I try my best not to sound too excited, but I very much am. I like what she bakes what can I say.

She laughs and jumps up to pop it open.

"While up we're gone Balloon and Nickel came to visit and dropped off some sugar I asked them to get for me!" She opens up the cake carrier and places the lid to the side, "they also brought over some cookies they bought!"

"You should've told me! That was nice of them I feel bad that I wasn't here—"

"The boys know you well dear, I'm sure they understand."

I scratch the back of my neck and get up from the chair. "Yeah, you are probably right. Like always."

"You got that right!" She places her hands on her hips. "Mamma is always right."

Shaking my head I grab a cookie from the carrier and put it between my teeth while I put my stuff away.

She follows me as I put my shoes by the front door, I give her a questioning smile. I take the cookie out of my mouth, not taking a bite yet.

"Why are you following me?"

"Cause I can, it's my house too ya know."

I roll my eyes. She starts to laugh, bending over to put her hands on her knees. I look at her with a confused expression, yet she just keeps laughing.

"What?" I laugh through my teeth.

"Nothing! Nothing!"

"What?"

"It's not even that funny, I don't know why I'm laughing!"

"What are you laughing at?"

She continues to laugh, making me laugh as well.

When she stops laughing she wipes under her eyes and moves to hug me, the familiar warm smile on her face.

"What we're you laughing at?"

"You're face." She starts to laugh again, "you made a funny face on accident hon."

"Ok."

I sigh and lean into her, a smile stuck on my mouth. The cookie is good, I think I accidentally get crumbs in her hair.

"Love you hon." She sighs softly.

"Love you too babe."
———-

Fin

I hate the finish of this, but I gotta get this done cause it's stuck on my conscience.

I'm gonna have a new part of the nickloon fic sometime soon and a new chapter of Names We Give Valuables came out today. Sorry I've been gone, luv y'all.

849 words.